Update troubles?

KAD

Reaction score
My pilot app says I need to update aircraft. I download update ,unzip, load into P3, I get the D...DD. This tells me it is already updated. But my Pilot app still says 1.1.8. On a strange note if I turn on the controller and app and not turn on the P3 It says I have 1.1.9. If I then turn on the P3 it reverts back to 1.1.8. Any ideas? Just got the P3 a couple days ago. Haven't flown it yet. Thanks.

Perhaps you're seeing the remote controller version. The latest is 1.1.8.

Select the General Setting button in the upper right. On the pop-up window, selct the square icon with the four dots in the lower left, scroll down to about.
i-JXMscpt-L.png

Reactions: Advexure
Recce2, and, is that the Phantom or remote controller firmware version?

It appears to be showing the remote controller version.

Got it updated ! I didn't have the bin file isolated from the folder. And my version number did change from 1.1.8 to1.1.9 as shown in the sceen shot above. Thanks all, KAD

Reactions: Advexure
Received the phantom a week ago, downloaded firmware 1.1.9, it did it's weird update and checked the file, and it said success. On the pilot app it still showing 1.1.5, what do I do?

For future viewers of this thread: Always make sure you're putting just the .bin file onto the SD card with nothing else. Simply placing the .zip folder that you download from the DJI site will not work. When both the craft and the remote are powered up to do the update they are strictly looking for the .bin file and it can only be found when it is in the root directly of the SD card. Also, do not double click on the .bin file once you have it downloaded. Simply unzip the .zip folder and drag the .bin file over. Double clicking the .bin file will corrupt it and the craft or RC cannot prompt the update from the corrupted .bin file. Hope this helps!

For future viewers of this thread: Always make sure you're putting just the .bin file onto the SD card with nothing else. Simply placing the .zip folder that you download from the DJI site will not work. When both the craft and the remote are powered up to do the update they are strictly looking for the .bin file and it can only be found when it is in the root directly of the SD card. Also, do not double click on the .bin file once you have it downloaded. Simply unzip the .zip folder and drag the .bin file over. Double clicking the .bin file will corrupt it and the craft or RC cannot prompt the update from the corrupted .bin file. Hope this helps!

Did that exactly, checked file and it said success, this bird had 1.1.5 when I received it, dji only had version 1.1.9. After reading some post, I'm wondering if I needed 1.1.8 before 1.1.9? Should I try to update 1.1.9 again, even tho it said success? Update: in the pilot app, sometimes it says 1.1.5 or N/A. Thanks for the help

Did that exactly, checked file and it said success, this bird had 1.1.5 when I received it, dji only had version 1.1.9. After reading some post, I'm wondering if I needed 1.1.8 before 1.1.9? Should I try to update 1.1.9 again, even tho it said success? Update: in the pilot app, sometimes it says 1.1.5 or N/A. Thanks for the help
No you can go straight to 1.1.9. And make sure to also do your controller.

No you can go straight to 1.1.9. And make sure to also do your controller.
That worked, I didn't update the controller, cuz I was told the 1.1.9 was for the bird only. I did IMU yesterday, should I calibrate again? Thank you

That worked, I didn't update the controller, cuz I was told the 1.1.9 was for the bird only. I did IMU yesterday, should I calibrate again? Thank you
But 1.1.8 was also for the controller. They're incremental. Try it anyway.
IMU is only when there's something wrong. The more you calibrate crap without need the more you introduce external variables that might screw up your bird. Just like a woman, it'll tell nag you if it needs something.

But 1.1.8 was also for the controller. They're incremental. Try it anyway.
IMU is only when there's something wrong. The more you calibrate crap without need the more you introduce external variables that might screw up your bird. Just like a woman, it'll tell nag you if it needs something.
Lol, updated controller and it now says 1.1.9 on pilot app, all good now, thanks for the info

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers