UPDATE: range worse after magic power? : UPDATE

Reaction score
Had my 1st 2 flights last nght after doing magic power and my maximum range was 4100 ish feet, my normal range tested multiple times is 6100 ish feet, so thats a big difference,

Is it possible magic power made the range worse?

Or could it be the weather or just something else on this particular night?

Now obviusly im gonna need to test it some more, but curious on any input..

Cheers

Personally I had various 'niggles' with MP and changed to Icarus ..... but I think Icarus is only for Android ?

Nigel

Maybe I just had a bad night for signal.

Can weather affect it?

I wasn't near any wifi interference.

Yes weather can affect it ....

Nigel

Reactions: Dazzauk
Weather can easily affect radio signals. I'm a cheap skate (according to my wife) and I refuse to pay those crooks for cable TV. I use a flat panel antenna on both of our TVs. On poor weather days, especially days with low thick dark clouds, my picture on the TV on some stations will pixelate.

Weather can easily affect radio signals. I'm a cheap skate (according to my wife) and I refuse to pay those crooks for cable TV. I use a flat panel antenna on both of our TVs. On poor weather days, especially days with low thick dark clouds, my picture on the TV on some stations will pixelate.

i think thats what it was, the sky was getting extremley grey and 20 mins after flying it hammered down lol..

Had my 1st 2 flights last nght after doing magic power and my maximum range was 4100 ish feet, my normal range tested multiple times is 6100 ish feet, so thats a big difference,

Is it possible magic power made the range worse?

Or could it be the weather or just something else on this particular night?

Now obviusly im gonna need to test it some more, but curious on any input..

Cheers
Keen to know how your next few flights go because I'm also seeing a loss of range after MP. But I will try again in a few days with some better weather

Keen to know how your next few flights go because I'm also seeing a loss of range after MP. But I will try again in a few days with some better weather

OH this doesnt sound good..

OH this doesnt sound good..
Yes but again it may be down to weather, maybe another interfearence of some kind. Before in the exact same spot I went 750metres after MP i got to 500 and for the first time ever RTH kicked in, and I must say, rather diserpointimg how far off it actually was from take of location. Probably a good 35metres.
What I will say is though when I went the 750 meters I may have been slightly higher by 5 metres or so, so again that could be the reason.
Here is to further testing

Well tested again tonight and I'm deffo thinking magic power has DECREASED my maximum range.

Again I only managed 4000 ish feet. And I always got 6000 before.

So how do I remove it?-

And let's just hope my range will go back to how it was before??!

Maybe papa tita could shine some light?

As Matts says ...

I know with Icarus ... if I update FW - Icarus carries over but it is unnaccessible to 'interrogate' or alter unless I reconnect and instruct Icarus to revert to factory power setting. Then I can restart and use full Icarus mod to FW power to get back my 27db.

But don't forget that MP and Icarus ONLY modify 2.4Ghz signal power ... NOT the 5.8Ghz which is the control signal.

Nigel

Hmm so by the logic that mp only makes changes to 2.4ghz and my video was fine. Why on earth and I suddenly capping out 2000ft less than before?

Daz.... this is one of lifes mysterys ....

Sorry I know its not funny ............... but honest.

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1