Update problem, HELP!

Reaction score
Just finished updating the new firmware. I had put in a new sd card in a couple days before. I formatted the card. Now when I go to the DJI go app it does not recognize the phantom 4 and it's as if all the information and setting were erased. Did I screw up by formatting the SD card or could it have been the update? HELP!

Update. Since the firmware update ate up some battery time, I decided to recharge the battery since I was probably going to need it to try fixing the problem. After it charged I decided to try it one more time to completely diagnose the problem. From what I could tell, everything was working again, huh? Did it just need some time without the battery to reset? Now I'm afraid to fly it, I was going to be filming a bunch of our kids on a easter egg hunt. Any thoughts?

Did you restart your Phantom and DJI GO after installing the firmware? If not, that might have caused the problem. I saw a few other people run into the same problem before restarting.

Oh dear another firmware upgrade nightmare, seems updating is pointless

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh dear another firmware upgrade nightmare, seems updating is pointless

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Oh! Behave! I love threads like this! I was looking for more! o_O

Did you restart your Phantom and DJI GO after installing the firmware? If not, that might have caused the problem. I saw a few other people run into the same problem before restarting.
I did and still no image from the camera. It wasn't until I removed the camera, charged it and reinstalled it that it worked. Not sure if by removing the battery for a period of time would reset something or not. So far the drone has been very good. I have not pushed any limits or tested all the features yet, but I have noticed a couple of things. 1. The gimbal every once in a while will make a squeak sound. 2. There is a strange +-5' altitude drop sometimes while in GPS mode. 3. Screen interference on occasion while less than 50 yards away. 4. I have also noticed since the update landings are a little less stable. It seems like the quad has to much power applied when the full down stick is applied for shut off. It has almost tipped several times on shutdown even though both landing skid are firmly on level ground.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31