Update Prceise Fly Safe Database Silliness Phantom 4 Pro+

I'm pretty sure that I am looking where you asked me to look. If I go to System Settings > Update; the screen I see says 1.2.2.0 then has a blue update button in the middle. When I hit the button it says I am up to date.

It is possible that I have an older version installed, I only worked on updating until everything functioned correctly. In my instance, the map box wasn't working and the Fly Safe data base wouldn't update, it would ask me every time to update it but it would stall before updating. The newer DJI Fly 4 app fixed my issues.

Thanks so much for the reply and for holding my hand through all of this. I am a little surprised / disappointed that the OFFICIAL DJI forum seems to have not had ANYONE reply to my threads about the P4P+ (except for the one response by DJI Thor which I think he then deleted after posting).

I might just try and install the current APK for DJI GO4 from the DJI site and hope that it works. I got a pretty good deal on the whole kit so if I brick the controller I guess I won't be too sad.

I just wish that DJI customer service was better. I know they have a lot of products out there, and that the original P4P / P4P+ are no longer current products, but you would think they would be a little bit better at confirming what apps work with which firmware (and which firmware is current for their controllers).

Well... this is going in circles.

I was able to upgrade the DJI GO 4 app from v. 4.2.6 up to V. 4.3.14 as @Saladshooter suggested. Thank you again for the help.

But I still get the message to update the Precise Fly Safe Database when I start up with WiFi turned off on the Controller.

But then I CAN'T update the database because it asks me to connect to the internet.

But when I turn WiFi on I just get Downloading 0%.

(And if I have WiFi on the controller turned ON before I power up the aircraft, I don't get the popup notification to update the Precise Fly Safe Database).

The other thing is that my Remote Controller doesn't seem to connect to the Internet for DJI-related stuff. When I go into the System and Check for Updates, it says it failed to connect to the database.

BTW: I did do a Back and Reset of the P4P+ controller. I also tried to upgrade the system firmware but that didn't seem to work. This was ager I successfully upgraded DJI GO4 to version 4.3.14

OK, an update:

Instead of connecting via wifi to my wireless router, I turned my phone in to a hotspot and connected the remote controller to that. And it seems like the Precise Fly Safe Database updated correctly.

Now, the Precise Fly Safe Database version for BOTH the controller and the aircraft is 1.00.01.23 (originally, the aircraft version was version 1.00.01.23 while the Remote Controller version was only version 1.00.01.09, so there was a mismatch there).

So, I guess it might be fixed??? Haven't got any popup messages telling me to update the fly Safe Database, so I guess we will see...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan