Update Ipad mini4 to IOS 11

Reaction score
I have just updated my ipad mini 4 to IOS 11.0, hope there are no problems. Has anyone else any experience.
At last we have a decent screen recorder included, always good for reviewing a flight.
It is a public beta, and possibly buggy, too wet to test today, but I will report back.

I'll wait for the real deal. I had issues where the barometer stopped working in the Air 2 with one release. Always seems to be something overlooked somewhere and I don't like finding them. ;)

I personally would not be flying with such an early beta, but thats just me, its super buggy, and not very power effecient.

Tested with first public beta, no problems with the app itself, but could not connect to the P4 reliably. A public beta 2 should be out fairly soon, will try again, but downgraded to iOS 10 till then.

Tested with first public beta, no problems with the app itself, but could not connect to the P4 reliably. A public beta 2 should be out fairly soon, will try again, but downgraded to iOS 10 till then.
Thanks for the feedback, yes if any problems, I will downgrade, too wet here to try.

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 11.57.01.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 12.17.58.png

No other apps running, 18ºC.

What we would expect?

Running a Mini 4 (16 gig) with iOS11.1 public beta, no overheat here, although raining now, so haven't been able to try the latest GO 4 app released a few days ago.

iPad Mini 4, 32gb, WiFi only.
Running iOS 11.0.2 with issues:
The camera/gimbal resets randomly. Screen will freeze and go black and white, message displays about no video signal, then video signal returns, with the camera facing bottom left, landing gear in view. It appears the gimbal resets and therefore the camera does that tilt. It will return to center although slowly. It looks almost like the IMU calibration startup.
Anyway, I could not figure out what was causing this. Only happens in recording mode at 4K/30p.
I tried with drone motors off, recording and just holding the drone moving it around. It occurs then too, and when it happens, you can audibly hear the done reset. The fan turns off mementarily, the gimbal does the start-up sequence. I believe this is what is happening midlight...camera/gimbal restarting on its own. Not sure what is causing it.
What has seem to fix it for now, I toggled video settings, between D-Log and Normal color profiles, toggled 3D noise reduction on and off. Then it seems to have gone away...but who knows for sure?
Her is a video of screen capture using the iPad when this occurs.

Hi there guys, am a newbie here and just bought my p4 yesterday, charged the p4 and r/c up, started the firmware update but it hasn't activated the gimbal on my device. It says gimbal disconnected and the screen on my iPhone se is blank. I've not even got the motors to turn or anything yet ‍♂️.
What could the issue be? Me or the p4?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl