iOS 13.1.2- any reason NOT to update my 2018 iPad 9.7" ?

Reaction score
Title says it. I'm usually reluctant to update iOS or firmware if things are running fine. But the iPad is new enough (A year ago May) that it should handle an update fine.
Question is will it play nice with DJI Go4?
Just got my P4P v2 back from repair after nasty crash inside a church (marble floors are NOT your friend...) and the drone , controller and Go4 are all up to date.
Did all my calibrations and flew a test this afternoon. All seems working fine.

So - should I update the iPad to keep everything current all round? Anyone know of a reason NOT to?
Currently the iPad is running iOS 11.4.1 and newest iOS is 13.1.2

And yes, I had permission to fly in the Church. Was getting some nice video for them - but neglected to put it "Tripod Mode" to get my side proximity sensors going.Oops.
Only make that mistake once.....

My iPad Mini 4 Cellular did NOT handle updates to iOS 13.1.2 well. With both Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro the Video Link is delayed, CPU is at Max. I had to revert to iPhone 11 Pro Max until they get it sorted out. I realize my answer is not directly related to your exact question - but wanted to give you a heads up.

Fly Often, Fly Safe

Reactions: JoeCos
12.4.1 is the latest update that I installed, I assume that’s what you have also. Works too good to change. After reading the above post, now I am sure that I’m not changing. Good luck, fly safe.
KO

Reactions: Scott Davis
12.4.1 is the latest update that I installed, I assume that’s what you have also. Works too good to change. After reading the above post, now I am sure that I’m not changing. Good luck, fly safe.
KO

Unfortunately I’m still on 11. Meant to update to 12, and thought I had- until I did a backup the other day and realized it wasn’t.
This iPad is dedicated use for the drone, so I don’t do any Auto updates and don’t mess with it much.
Now I don’t think I can. The installer isn’t available.

My iPad Mini 4 Cellular did NOT handle updates to iOS 13.1.2 well. With both Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro the Video Link is delayed, CPU is at Max. I had to revert to iPhone 11 Pro Max until they get it sorted out. I realize my answer is not directly related to your exact question - but wanted to give you a heads up.

Fly Often, Fly Safe

That Mini 4- is that the new one just came out in the past year? If so that would make it newer than mine.
And this does help in that I’ll do more research before updating & make sure I can downgrade if it’s poor results.

Reactions: Capt KO
That Mini 4- is that the new one just came out in the past year? If so that would make it newer than mine.
And this does help in that I’ll do more research before updating & make sure I can downgrade if it’s poor results.

iPad Mini 4 vs iPad Mini 5:
No, it is not as there was a Fifth-generation iPad mini with A12 Bionic chip, Apple Pencil support, and upgraded display and cameras announced March 18, 2019.

Mine as rock solid until the latest update to 13.X.X I had not flown since I upgraded to the iOS 13's so I don't know if it was the very latest update that was to blame. I keep mine free of any other resource using Apps. IMHO It has to be the iOS that causes this. I will wait a few days for a fix and then roll it back. The iPhone 11 Pro MAX runs things flawlessly and even livestreams to Facebook well while recording 4K video.

Reactions: JoeCos
Title says it. I'm usually reluctant to update iOS or firmware if things are running fine. But the iPad is new enough (A year ago May) that it should handle an update fine.
Just got my P4P v2 back from repair after nasty crash inside a church (marble floors are NOT your friend...) and the drone , controller and Go4 are all up to date.

So - should I update the iPad to keep everything current all round? Anyone know of a reason NOT to?

And yes, I had permission to fly in the Church. Was getting some nice video for them - but neglected to put it "Tripod Mode" to get my side proximity sensors going.Oops.
Have the same as you. 7x9 128 gb full of apps on 13.1.2 and have no issues at all. Am waiting on new OS to try it out. Am on it now. To lazy to get off bed and get on Mac.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I have iPad Mini 4, still running ios version 10.3.2 and will NOT upgrade. This Mini ipad is 100% for drone use and has been optimized for drone use only.

Thank You for the head's up. I was contemplating on upgrading this week. ?

My 9.7” iPad Cellular worked fine with P4PV2 and iPhone X was good with M2P. It’s a year old, so fairly new, but Go 4 gets along with it. Haven’t tried DroneDeploy or Litchi yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik