Unlocking fly zones coming real soon?

I'm cruising the German forum right now. They are pissed but feeling tentative about writing DJI to voice their concerns due to their limited English. Some are calling it in and are thinking of selling their equipment. I don't blame them. These are Germans. Obsessive rule followers, highly disciplined on average and all carry insurance for any third party liability that can arise from a drone mishap. Basically they mostly play by the rules. But this one is having them say, nah, that's it, I'm done. Others are saying they are fully versed on the German laws and cannot comprehend the sizes of the yellows. This is the neck of the woods my wife comes from before I dragged her down with me to Austria and Italy. Unbelievable.

2.jpg

Well, they can use Google translate. Writing the guy who's in charge of this disaster is certainly a great way for everyone to express their outrage. If Brendan hears a lot of complaints, DJI will be more likely to modify its disastrous implementation.

If you want a real laugh, turn on the green "warning" zones.

I sent a screenshot of that to Brendan telling him that I hope he pays attention to things like this.

I'm cruising the German forum right now. They are pissed but feeling tentative about writing DJI to voice their concerns due to their limited English. Some are calling it in and are thinking of selling their equipment. I don't blame them. These are Germans. Obsessive rule followers, highly disciplined on average and all carry insurance for any third party liability that can arise from a drone mishap. Basically they mostly play by the rules. But this one is having them say, nah, that's it, I'm done. Others are saying they are fully versed on the German laws and cannot comprehend the sizes of the yellows. This is the neck of the woods my wife comes from before I dragged her down with me to Austria and Italy. Unbelievable.

View attachment 40100

DJI just made every moderately sized city in the world an "authorization zone". Hilarious.

I just had to pick my jaw up off the ground. This one is massive. If you are an Italian living east of Milan, south of Brescia and just a click west of Vicenza, you are screwed. I haven't hit the Italian forum yet but I'm sure it's being discussed. And I hope they, unlike the Germans, not give a rat's *** about the English challenge and just raise hell through Google translate. Anyway, here is the pic.

20160111_035440.jpg

Please give them Brendan's address.
DJI should not have even considered releasing this beta and this map with all this ******** on it.

I just had to pick my jaw up off the ground. This one is massive. If you are an Italian living east of Milan, south of Brescia and just a click west of Vicenza, you are screwed. I haven't hit the Italian forum yet but I'm sure it's being discussed. And I hope they, unlike the Germans, not give a rat's *** about the English challenge and just raise hell through Google translate. Anyway, here is the pic.

View attachment 40102

Turn on the "warning zones" as well. Watch the whole country light up green.

View attachment 40102

A zone where the app will nag you and tell you that you are flying in a "warning zone".
Please write Brendan and tell him exactly what you think.
The more he hears from the better.

[email protected]

Maybe the hogs and deer are lobbying for a no-fly zone there and DJI figured they would begin implementing one...

This ******** is amazing. DJI should pull the plug on this now and spare themselves some further embarrassment until they actually have something real to implement.

Wow, so what the hell is a green zone. There is one close to where I hunt. There is absolutely NOTHING out there, just deer and hogs.

For you folks who still haven't checked out how your neck of the woods will fare, go ahead and click on the link below. Then go ahead and write your concerns to the email address under the link.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

[email protected]

Just sent Brendan an email conveying my disgust with the Geo fencing stuff, and my intentions to buy a competitors product the first time it limits my flying. I hope many people do the same.

Excellent! The more he sees the better. DJI needs to pull this ******** off consideration until it is corrected. I understand the intent. But the execution is so piss poor it is comical.

Just sent Brendan an email conveying my disgust with the Geo fencing stuff, and my intentions to buy a competitors product the first time it limits my flying. I hope many people do the same.

"Green areas are Warning Zones that do not need to be unlocked but are still subject to safety precautions."

That doesn't seem to indicate there are any restrictions involved in flying through them as long as you're within the existing parameters for safe flight (i.e. you haven't reset the altitude to above 120 meters).

Also, at least in the Seattle area, it looks like most of the yellow zones are five-mile circles around airports. Which you'd need to contact a tower about anyway before flying.

Yeah. As I said, you will be nagged since you are in a "warning zone" which is basically EVERYWHERE.

"Green areas are Warning Zones that do not need to be unlocked but are still subject to safety precautions."

That doesn't seem to indicate there are any restrictions involved in flying through them as long as you're within the existing parameters for safe flight (i.e. you haven't reset the altitude to above 120 meters).

Unfortunately the rest of the US and world is subject to absurd maps.

Also, at least in the Seattle area, it looks like most of the yellow zones are five-mile circles around airports. Which you'd need to contact a tower about anyway before flying.

Warnings on the left hand side of the screen while flying- reminding you that you are in a warning zone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus