Unlocking fly zones coming real soon?

I live in an area, and on AirMap.io several NFZ's would prohibit me from flying in my backyard, then on DJI's NFZ: DJI - Fly Safe: No Fly Zones i could fly happily where ever i please. Yea if someone could confirm it would be appreciated!

I have the exact opposite problem. None of the flight apps show any restrictions in my area yet DJI is restricting me from flying because of an airport that was closed over a decade ago in the area.

UGH!

So I came across this.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Looks like it's going to get very shittttty for us. The zones are terrible. In some cases entires cities will need to be authorized each time you want to fly. An authorization is only valued for 3 days....
I'm so pissed after reading that page and all the trouble we will have to go through the to be able to fly.

Oh my gosh! It's like Yahoo news. They don't vet any story, they just post it and it's up to the reader to determine it's validity, authenticity, or correctness. So, DJI is simply disavowing any responsibility for the NFZ;s, TFR's or any other FAA restricted fly zones. They are just notifying you so you can determine what amount of responsibility you wish to accept. Good luck with that fellow pilots. It's all up to you now. DJI is only a warning bell. LOL. I think they bit off more than they could chomp. Happy restricted flying, and be careful.

Reactions: That Drone Guy
Oh my gosh! It's like Yahoo news. They don't vet any story, they just post it and it's up to the reader to determine it's validity, authenticity, or correctness. So, DJI is simply disavowing any responsibility for the NFZ;s, TFR's or any other FAA restricted fly zones. They are just notifying you so you can determine what amount of responsibility you wish to accept. Good luck with that fellow pilots. It's all up to you now. DJI is only a warning bell. LOL. I think they bit off more than they could chomp. Happy restricted flying, and be careful.
Don't get scared, we will face what comes to us.

Don't get scared, we will face what comes to us.
Haha, not getting scared, just making light of DJI and their lack of responsibility. Yes, we are the midnight marauders who bear what is to come be it good or be it bad. I agree alokbhargava.

So who authorizes flying in yellow zones? Any idea??
This is how I unlock the yellow zone. Turn on your Phantom 4 then turn on your controller and then your screen. Make sure you have a cell phone or WiFi connection. Once everything is warmed up and calibrated it should say no fly zone if you're in the yellow zone. Press to take off button and you will be prompted on how to get authorization to fly in that zone. you cannot fly in a red zone. You will have to fill in the serial number on your drone. And you'll have to fill in either credit card information or phone number. If you do your phone number they will send you a confirmation code saying that you will be responsible for authorized flight in that area. You put the confirmation code in and they will unlock all the yellow no fly zones. I hope this helps.

This is how I unlock the yellow zone. Turn on your Phantom 4 then turn on your controller and then your screen. Make sure you have a cell phone or WiFi connection. Once everything is warmed up and calibrated it should say no fly zone if you're in the yellow zone. Press to take off button and you will be prompted on how to get authorization to fly in that zone. you cannot fly in a red zone. You will have to fill in the serial number on your drone. And you'll have to fill in either credit card information or phone number. If you do your phone number they will send you a confirmation code saying that you will be responsible for authorized flight in that area. You put the confirmation code in and they will unlock all the yellow no fly zones. I hope this helps.

Authorizations in yellow zones will be given to you by air traffic control Towers in the area. You must call them before you fly to let them know that you're in the area and to get authorization from them to fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl