Unlock 32ch great result

Reaction score
I just unlocked dji go app to 32 ch to recieve signal better.what a great result!
My bird is PT 3 adv all stock from box and flied in same area.She can go 4.5 km after 32ch before that she can go only 2-2.5 km in this area.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've considered doing this, but read that it can void your 12 month warranty if DJI observes that you've tampered with the software/firmware. Can anyone confirm?

Also, isn't it technically illegal to tap into the ISM frequency channels? I doubt you'd ever get in trouble, but imagine that us "civilians" aren't granted access for a reason. Either way, seems like a cool/easy mod.

It's just add some file in your device no need to do any thing with software or firmware in PT3.

Why should 32 ch hack void the warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You're not modifying any software on the aircraft nor the remote control. From what I gather the AC is always broadcasting 32 channels by default DJI only allows 8 to constantly scan across. This Mod is done locally on your viewing device (i.e Apple/Android device) allowing the DJI Go App to see all 32 channels the remaining 24 channels have to be manually selected. The downfall is, if you manually select one of these other channels and you loose signal.. you loose control/video of the aircraft until the channel signal comes back or it RTH. I personally have not noticed a difference either way, I have the Argtek Antenna Mod on my RC and use the Litchi App, but never fly my P3A out of line of sight anyway. If I were to suggest anything it would be the antenna mod you will get more consistent results (Yes it voids the warranty)

Because you'd technically be tampering with the DJI Go application/software.

This 32 channel mod came from dji. Our Phantom 3's originally came out with this mod installed and was removed a few updates later on. Almost everyone began complaining and the mod to reinstall was allowed to be leaked out and performance had once again returned.

I just unlocked dji go app to 32 ch to recieve signal better.what a great result!
My bird is PT 3 adv all stock from box and flied in same area.She can go 4.5 km after 32ch before that she can go only 2-2.5 km in this area.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Is this only for DJI Go or can it be done on Litchi?

Reactions: lablover
Is this only for DJI Go or can it be done on Litchi?

I don't know for sure but I thought that litchi ca e with it's own set of extra channels to use?

Do you know of a good resource that describes the communications between a P4 and the RC?
No sir, I dont. My assumption is that communication between a P4 and the RC is basically the same as with the P3. I'm not sure enough though to give a definitive answer. Maybe someone will chime in, or perhaps you can try asking in the P4 section of the forum. Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.