"Unfortuanetly DJI O 4 has stopped" error at start-up. Has anyone had this happen?

Reaction score
Bought this as a replacement controller 4 months ago. Have had no issues until today. Has anyone had this error? If so, what is the fix - have tried to reboot the controller several times.

IMG_8133.jpg

Bought this as a replacement controller 4 months ago. Have had no issues until today. Has anyone had this error? If so, what is the fix - have tried to reboot the controller several times.

View attachment 105426
Funny you metion,it happen 2 days ago to me for no reason but once I restart it was good,don't think remote at fault here,,I running multiple apps aswell without airplane mode and was a first for me too,,,the app is like kids,it's got selective hearing occasionally.......have you tryed on airplane mode ?
I would also relink aircraft to establish good conection is there,,is firmware ok ,was it updated when you get it ? Suppose you tried a fresh install of djigo4 and a different usb lead,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Funny you metion,it happen 2 days ago to me for no reason but once I restart it was good,don't think remote at fault here,,I running multiple apps aswell without airplane mode and was a first for me too,,,the app is like kids,it's got selective hearing occasionally.......have you tryed on airplane mode ?
I would also relink aircraft to establish good conection is there,,is firmware ok ,was it updated when you get it ? Suppose you tried a fresh install of djigo4 and a different usb lead,

Weird things going on! I decided to charge the controller (was only down 1 dot), and after reading your post, I was going to try to figure out how to put this controller into airplane mode (it is a P4P+ controller) then the controller loaded properly, so turned it off and tried a second time and we are back to the error state again

Is there some way to reload the GO 4 SW onto a P4P+ controller with the built in screen? I tried to do a SW update and get the error "failed to check firmware package. Check your network and retry". I have confirmed that my network is working and that the controller is connected to my network.

OK sorry bit unsure with the +remote but did find couple posts,,in settings somewhere,,or try wifi off.....got computer try assistant 2 from what I just read to refresh firmware,
20181117_121420.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Try a factory reset on the controller, mine did that last year after I downgraded the software, resetting reloads off the Android kernel and all was good after that, just had to redo some of my config stuff like WiFi network and passwords.

Try a factory reset on the controller, mine did that last year after I downgraded the software, resetting reloads off the Android kernel and all was good after that, just had to redo some of my config stuff like WiFi network and passwords.

OK, I like it - that won't require me to reload SW?

Nope, it will just redo the Android from the recovery partition so it will be like factory out of the box before any setup is done. That should fix the issue with the built in DJI GO4 app. Let me know if it works or not, i don’t have my p4p+ in front of me but I think you can swipe down from the top of the screen to get to the setup like you would on an Android phone

And be patient as it will take a few minutes, you will know you are doing it correctly when you see the Android robot with his stomach getting churned around

so
Nope, it will just redo the Android from the recovery partition so it will be like factory out of the box before any setup is done. That should fix the issue with the built in DJI GO4 app. Let me know if it works or not, i don’t have my p4p+ in front of me but I think you can swipe down from the top of the screen to get to the setup like you would on an Android phone

soooo ...... it seems to have partially worked - am not getting the error for app stopping now, but when I go to do a SW update, I am still getting the "failed to check firmware ......." message

Also the P4P+ is updated by unzipping the SW from the DJI site onto the root partition of a microSD card and sticking it in the controller, then go into the SW section and hit the dots in the top right and pick Local.

Also the P4P+ is updated by unzipping the SW from the DJI site onto the root partition of a microSD card and sticking it in the controller, then go into the SW section and hit the dots in the top right and pick Local.

Ah - well, that may be the issue - been trying to do it directly. Thanks for all the help!!

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl