unable to initiate return to home.

Reaction score
Lost orientation with my phantom and battery was getting low, so i hit the return to home on the app...which then gave me the message unable to initiate return to home weak signal.
Oh dam i thought so i quickly zoomed into the map as i was having problems seeing the screen and panicking a little, and pointed to home until i got sats signal back then hit return to home on app which worked this time.

Now i was high in the sky some 300feet just wondering how i lost all 17sats
Oh and to top it all the dam app crashed then rebooted itself so i was crapping my load as i couldn't see the phantom.

So i assume the phantom would have drifted on its merry way untill it got sat connection and try to return home.

Other on this forum has described a GPS signal lost without apparent reason ... This let me think that the GPS chip itself do a reset in certain (unknown) conditions ... Temperature ? High level of RF noise ?

Could well be a reset however i was flying over farm fields so not sure what could of caused it.
I was thinking if my pilot app hadn't come back on i would have turned the radio off and hoped it would return to home as it had drifted pretty far pretty fast in a short space of time.

I hope they update the Android app soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik