Ultimate Phantom 3 GPS tracker setup!

Reaction score
I have worked out the ultimate GPS tracking solution for the Phantom 3. More details to follow and a complete setup guide. But here's a preview:

1. Costs around $3 a month for cell service, but never more than this (lifetime). 2 flights literally uses 1 cent of data total.
2. Weighs just 20 grams.
3. No battery to go dead.
4. Android (app), iOS (app), and web-based realtime tracking.
5. Easy mount to Phantom 3 (outside, but inside possible, too).
6. GPS itself only costs only $35.
7. Looks good and clean when setup and mounted (better than anything I've seen yet including expensive drone trackers with more pricey service plans).
8. Very slim form factor.
9. Tested in flight and works great.
10. No RC, video, or compass interference.
11. Fun project.

Watch me in the next few days for a long post. More details to come!

I have worked out the ultimate GPS tracking solution for the Phantom 3. More details to follow and a complete setup guide. But here's a preview:

11. Fun project.

Watch me in the next few days for a long post. More details to come!

Uh oh, think this going to require more skill and know-how than I have . . .

I know. But, I thought I'd post first to save someone from going out and buying a GPS if they might like my setup. I just don't have time to post the full details right now.

Uh oh, think this going to require more skill and know-how than I have . . .

It's not too bad. But, that's why I'll put a guide up soon.

I know. I've seen most of the other ones. The setup I have is MUCH better and chaper.

I know. But, I thought I'd post first to save someone from going out and buying a GPS if they might like my setup. I just don't have time to post the full details right now.
As long as you don't make us wait as long as Flytrex does. ;)

Sorry. Maybe tonight I'll have time to post!

Reactions: jlo
I'll get another beverage and standby:confused:

Obviously VOR is not posting because the Trackimo is the best one and Bob Meyers already mentioned it!;) :rolleyes:

I have a family to take care of. Here's a teaser picture...

2015-05-30 18.39.59.jpg

No thanks. I had an apple for lunch.

GPS weight.

2015-05-30 16.35.19.jpg

GSM or CDMA cell service? Everyone that I looked at was GSM..No good in my area. I use the TAGG pet tracker. On the dog when not in use and on the UAV when flying. Location and tracking if needed via a cell phone app. App avail via android and IOS. CDMA service via VZW and it ran 7.50 per month for some what of dual purpose, dog then UAV.

Quad band, but NO CDMA. Sorry.

Reactions: Cadillac Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues