UHS-III - Does anyone have one?!?!

So, you don't have the 5K? :confused:
Nope. Only the 4K, as I posted earlier. I believe you were the one who later mischaracterized it as the 5K, when I confirmed the 4K size was 27" not 28". If it were the 5k, It would have likely been an iMac, for the very reasons you discussed! :cool:

Nope. Only the 4K, as posted earlier, unless I mistyped, but I don't think I did.
No worries. I guess you just misunderstood what I was asking.

My Dell 4K monitor was only $500 at B&H, and a few hundred dollars more sadly won't come any where close to buying any iMac I have seen, inside a 5K monitor!
Dell P2715Q 27" Ultra HD 4K Monitor P2715Q B&H Photo Video
Perhaps you are confusing my 27” Dell 4K monitor with the more pricey $1,600 27” Dell 5K monitor?
My bad, I thought you were talking about the Dell 5K. That is a big difference in price. The iMac 5K 27 makes so much more sense then buying that Dell 27 5K for 1500. Just a fact.

The 5K is pretty pricey (since I'll need 3). I wonder how noticeable the difference is between the 4K and 5K.

The 5K is pretty pricey (since I'll need 3). I wonder how noticeable the difference is between the 4K and 5K.
Not much of a difference, just less real estate. I could be wrong though. Never checked the specs on the 4k. I only once pitted the 5K Dell vs Apple.

No worries. I guess you just misunderstood what I was asking.
No, sorry, I made the mistake of not looking at who was posting the question. It was Jussaguy who thought I had the 5k version. Glad we are getting it sorted out! :cool:

Yeah, it was my bad. I saw Dell 5K but it looks like you wrote 4K (unless you edited it you sly dog ;) )
The edit times will confirm that my earlier posts were not edited after your 5K characterization. :cool:

I'm finding the 4K version just fine for my needs. Save yourself $3,000 and give away two more P4’s, this time with extra batteries! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: msinger
I was just kidding. Lol
No problem. I often do edit my posts immediately after, or even later, if I can improve upon them, and typing 5 instead of 4 is not impossible to do, so I checked to make sure. The evidence was on my side this time, so I used it. :cool:

Reactions: Jussaguy
Do you have it? If so, are you using it on your P4P?
Using a 32GB Lexar 1000x card in the P4P with no issues yet, except video spontaneously turned off twice, and I had to restart it. Unsure if it's card related or not. Also, seems like fewer video glitches in 4K 60fps, compared to the 32GB Lexar 633x. No 1800x Lexar to test.

Reactions: Jussaguy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20