multiple issues or one?

Reaction score
I don't know whether my Phantom 3 Standard has more than one issue or if they're all connected.
-No camera view
-Remaining card capacity shows 0 with a fully formatted card. Tried the original card, a Sandisk Extreme 32 and a new Lexar Pro 64.
-Drone does not respond to an attempt to lift off.
Messages are "Image transmission signal weak", Radio channel quality poor", "Strong interference"
The interference message remains when my WiFi is turned off and/or when I move to the back yard.
My cell phone reads "Internet Unavailable with Phantom 3 . . ." after connecting WiFi to unit. I don't know what that means but am taking it as a function of switching from cell phone to drone.
Is this a single issue with multiple effects?
I haven't used the drone in a few years. Its been in its box in the basement.

Last edited:
The message "No internet availableW is normal while using the Phantoms network. The RC is used as the router in the Phantom system between the mobile and the copter. The interferences are causes of the WIFI pleaqued house holds. The card must have a write peed of 50 or better 60 MB per second.
Go to an open airfield without any emmitting electronics and fly.

No drone likes to sit dormant for long periods,,first thing I would do is go outside and calibrate everything, these warning prompts wont stop it starting up,
A fresh link can help with poor signal issues,
What's it say in app when it wont start? Getting green good to fly GPS?

Thanks both. The motors will start now but there's still no image. The card capacity still shows zero and the bar on the right hand side isn't lit up / active however I should put it. I can't do an in-camera format because the menu is non reactive. I still have the Image Transmission Signal Weak message which I suppose is the cause of it all but don't know how to address that.

Without the blades the motors started and stopped immediately. With the blades, it took off and hovered but I had no control.
The reason I'm trying to reactivate my drone is that I plan to go into some fairly remote and spectacular wilderness to set up a half dozen wildlife cameras. So before investing in a couple more batteries and a full sine inverter for charging, I need to know that this thing will work!

Can you click 3 dots top right of screen,that bring up settings if cam button greyed out,,does cam go up and down with gimble ,wheel,did you try relinking ?try format sd card when in settings or is that not possible to get into those settings, reinstall djigo,
No control not sound good,is home point getting set before you try fly ?was remote calibration done,it may not have been beeping but after the time limit it wouldn't hurt,,what color drone rear lights when ready to fly,should be slow green flash,,
20220508_114925.jpg

Getting narrowed down.
Home point, remote calibration etc all good, it now flies and controls manually without the app.
Cam gimble works fine.
From the app, the take-off and all the calibration functions work. There's just no apparent connection between camera and phone. I tried it with no card, same results. Should have done that sooner. I'm guessing either a faulty card connection or a failure in the cable. But maybe that's me. I'm an old guy, hardware problems are easier for me to comprehend than software.
App is 3.1.61 version 1.9.20
Phone is Android 6.0
card came with the device (I think); I've tried two other cards.

Last edited:
As unlikely as this sounds, I've found that my connecting cables between the RC and my iPad have a useful life of about a year, following which I start getting apparently unrelated errors and behaviors.

When they start to go bad, the error messages include a variety of in-flight fault reports and occassionally the drone even will refuse to power up claiming that it's because I'm not running a DJI battery (yeah, really). I'm never sure of the exact source of the problem, but the problems always go away after I change out the connecting USB/Lightening cable.

If you are getting a faulty connecting cable, don't be surprised to get a "Disconnected" error message while you're flying, even when the indicated signal strength has been good. It causes the pucker factor to max out, but the drone and RC are still communicating. You just aren't getting the downlink stuff.

As unlikely as this sounds, I've found that my connecting cables between the RC and my iPad have a useful life of about a year, following which I start getting apparently unrelated errors and behaviors.

When they start to go bad, the error messages include a variety of in-flight fault reports and occassionally the drone even will refuse to power up claiming that it's because I'm not running a DJI battery (yeah, really). I'm never sure of the exact source of the problem, but the problems always go away after I change out the connecting USB/Lightening cable.

If you are getting a faulty connecting cable, don't be surprised to get a "Disconnected" error message while you're flying, even when the indicated signal strength has been good. It causes the pucker factor to max out, but the drone and RC are still communicating. You just aren't getting the downlink stuff.
Yip good p3 pro tip or p4,,p3s not have USB connection,wifi 👍👍

Getting narrowed down.
Home point, remote calibration etc all good, it now flies and controls manually without the app.
Cam gimble works fine.
From the app, the take-off and all the calibration functions work. There's just no apparent connection between camera and phone. I tried it with no card, same results. Should have done that sooner. I'm guessing either a faulty card connection or a failure in the cable. But maybe that's me. I'm an old guy, hardware problems are easier for me to comprehend than software.
App is 3.1.61 version 1.9.20
Phone is Android 6.0
card came with the device (I think); I've tried two other cards.
Get it to work,did you try the linking,that can help restore nice pairing again which might get live view back

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj