UFO Sighting From My Phantom?

I'm trying to upload a short video and a picture. But after the upload seems complete it says I have the wrong file extension. Which is weird. What are the file types that can be uploaded to this forum?

Reactions: JetLife
I'm trying to upload a short video and a picture. But after the upload seems complete it says I have the wrong file extension. Which is weird. What are the file types that can be uploaded to this forum?
Upload to Youtube, then paste a link on here.

I know your post is nearly two years old and forgive me if “everything has been identified and no further discussion necessary.” I’ve had my P4Pv2 for nearly a year now and in one of my flights in the northeast Nebraska area, I found one of these too. My first thought was maybe someone shot at my drone... No, this came from way to far away to see it. I counted the frames from the point it disappeared below between my drone and the river. It was 14. I was recording 4K at 60fps(interpolated). Going backwards, the furthest I could see, using two pair of readers was approximately 3 miles according to the mile roads I saw. This means the object flew 12 miles per second. That’s fast enough to brush off as artifacts, bugs, whatever. While reading of others experiences on this forum and watching their vids, I noticed strickingly similar elements. 1) High Speed; 2) White tubular shaped, generally with a lighter tail - possibly an overlapping exposure of the same item, as shooting with interpolation; 3) many times these things travel in twos or threes; 4) They generally have a flight path coming toward the drone. The “one” I just barely noticed while creating a short highlight video was actually accompanied by two others when I viewed the video frame by frame. A second clip about two miles north of the first I found three more as I looked frame-by-frame. As interesting as these things are, there does not appear that any “good” came come from showing them to others, so I’ll just call them fireflies. Seems that these fireflies are drawn to drones, maybe curious of the way they can fly, because it’s hard to believe i saw six of them within a 3 square mile area. Anyway, happy firefly hunting!

Here's one I captured a year ago while flying the trains at Tehachapi. The trajectory of this orb is headed toward the EG&G research lab in Lancaster, just over the hill.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know your post is nearly two years old and forgive me if “everything has been identified and no further discussion necessary.” I’ve had my P4Pv2 for nearly a year now and in one of my flights in the northeast Nebraska area, I found one of these too. My first thought was maybe someone shot at my drone... No, this came from way to far away to see it. I counted the frames from the point it disappeared below between my drone and the river. It was 14. I was recording 4K at 60fps(interpolated). Going backwards, the furthest I could see, using two pair of readers was approximately 3 miles according to the mile roads I saw. This means the object flew 12 miles per second. That’s fast enough to brush off as artifacts, bugs, whatever. While reading of others experiences on this forum and watching their vids, I noticed strickingly similar elements. 1) High Speed; 2) White tubular shaped, generally with a lighter tail - possibly an overlapping exposure of the same item, as shooting with interpolation; 3) many times these things travel in twos or threes; 4) They generally have a flight path coming toward the drone. The “one” I just barely noticed while creating a short highlight video was actually accompanied by two others when I viewed the video frame by frame. A second clip about two miles north of the first I found three more as I looked frame-by-frame. As interesting as these things are, there does not appear that any “good” came come from showing them to others, so I’ll just call them fireflies. Seems that these fireflies are drawn to drones, maybe curious of the way they can fly, because it’s hard to believe i saw six of them within a 3 square mile area. Anyway, happy firefly hunting!
Pretty good analysis.

Pretty good analysis.
Except that it can't possibly be right.
No, this came from way to far away to see it. I counted the frames from the point it disappeared below between my drone and the river. It was 14. I was recording 4K at 60fps(interpolated).
Going backwards, the furthest I could see, using two pair of readers was approximately 3 miles according to the mile roads I saw.
This means the object flew 12 miles per second.
That’s fast enough to brush off as artifacts, bugs, whatever.
That's 43000 mph which is also fast enough to eliminate any physical object from the suspect list.
That speed is physically impossible down here in our atmosphere so something's not quite correct in your calculations.
If the thing is visible in frames taken over that time period, the error must be in the presumed distance and the thing was not nearly as far away as you've thought.
How big is the thing?
How far away can your camera resolve an object that size?
It would have to be several hundred feet across for the camera to show it at 3 miles.

Below is a summary of what was recently shown on a new History channel program called Unidentified. Great program to follow. This YT video below tells the same story with a few additional navy sailors testifying to the event from their perspective. In Unidentified, they actually interviewed both of the F18 pilots that are depicted in this video. What I saw in my drone video appeared to be a miniature version of the "tic tac" these navy sailors saw. I believe these are US technologies that are top secret, even secret from navy vessels.

Except that it can't possibly be right.

That's 43000 mph which is also fast enough to eliminate any physical object from the suspect list.
That speed is physically impossible down here in our atmosphere so something's not quite correct in your calculations.
If the thing is visible in frames taken over that time period, the error must be in the presumed distance and the thing was not nearly as far away as you've thought.
How big is the thing?
How far away can your camera resolve an object that size?
It would have to be several hundred feet across for the camera to show it at 3 miles.
That's exactly the problem, estimating the distance when it first comes into sight. Judging distance in 2D is impossible without knowing the size of the object.

In my video, which is 4K@60fps, you would think a smart mathematician could compare each frame blurred length of the object, consider the shutter speed used, then estimate the flight angle, and come up with a formula for a rough speed estimate. Am I wrong?

I guess that in the truest sense, the acronym UFO covers a lot of things. That being said, I saw a UFO. Well I can't identify it anyway.

I was flying tonight just as the sun was going down testing my P3P recently returned from DJI for a repair. I really wasn't looking at the feed as much as watching the GPS satellite count and other telemetry while flying so I totally missed the object flying by me just below. I have no clue what it was and I was way above the trees and pretty much anything else that might have caused a collision. Here's the video. See what you think. I was filming at 1080 X 30fps. so I really couldn't do a very good job of slowing it down in post so you could identify it.

Yip originates way back as at @LovMyTJ shows,,I tryed to get good shot but to fast and cause a blur,,great stuff anyway ,this subject I absolutely love,,watched 50 times at least,,just cool

In most mysteries, the correct answer is the simple answer.

I'd say definitely insects in all but the last instance, which looks more like a bullet passing at very close range.

The other 3/4 dozen videos all appear to show an insect passing just inches from the lens. They go from sub pixel size to visible in about 3-6 frames. This is consistent with small insects flying past the camera at close range. This effect can be mistaken easily because the eye is accustomed to larger objects at greater distances. In other words, it's our expectations conflicting with what we're actually seeing.

Another thing to note is that all but one of these videos were taken during summer season with trees in bloom. Bugs are prominent in the upper atmosphere during the summer and fall months.

How many of you have landed your drone, only to find dozens of bug parts all over the props and body?

Reactions: Meta4
I guess that in the truest sense, the acronym UFO covers a lot of things. That being said, I saw a UFO. Well I can't identify it anyway.

I was flying tonight just as the sun was going down testing my P3P recently returned from DJI for a repair. I really wasn't looking at the feed as much as watching the GPS satellite count and other telemetry while flying so I totally missed the object flying by me just below. I have no clue what it was and I was way above the trees and pretty much anything else that might have caused a collision. Here's the video. See what you think. I was filming at 1080 X 30fps. so I really couldn't do a very good job of slowing it down in post so you could identify it.

Click the above “Browse” button -> “General Forums” -> “Search” Type in “ufo”. You’ll find many more instances such as this. Nobody really wants to say, but I sense there is an unspoken consensus about what they are. I think these things might be drawn to other flying objects, and drones have a very interesting way of flying. Until drone popularity, such sightings were left to NASA, military and a few lucky observers from the ground. Drone pilots are also more likely to “catch” them in post-production. I’ve found six while creating just one highlight vid of some of the flood damage in Nebraska and I don’t feel they are manmade. I’m just guessing, but I think there’s plenty more wherever they came from. This forum’s UAV pilots are from all corners of the world, and I find it strange that at just the right moment, these “Tic-Tacs” show up to make their debut. There has to be thousands, or maybe millions of these things here.

• Haha
Reactions: Basspig and MTO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers