Ufo flies towards my drone

Secondly, I don't know what if any qualifications the OP has to analyze the image. He hasn't addressed that topic. What I feel I can assume is that he posted here asking for help because he can't figure it out. Unfortunately, he appears to be getting more criticism than help.
The OP said he was looking for help but studiously ignored all the help he was given.
Simple questions were asked that would have helped with the analysis, but none were answered.
He showed pretty clearly that he had no interest in getting help if it resulted in his video being something ordinary.

Interestingly, the date of the video is almost two years ago.
The OP has been cherishing his UFO for that long and doesn't want to lose that "special" feeling.

Reactions: sar104
I don't think there is any need to make fun of someone who doesn't get back to a post. I forget about them all the time. I also find things that I've forgotten about and post them, sometimes many years later. As a moderator on a 3d printing site, I find that I have to be super diligent about being understanding and to set a good example as to the tone I want the forum to take. We can all be a little kinder to each other. It's not a competition here. It's sharing and learning.

I had an interesting UFO event today. It's really not a UFO, I think it's a bat. The bat enters from the left at the 1st arrow. But scroll back and forth at about frame 14, the 2nd arrow. Something really, really fast rockets towards it. I can't imagine what it was.

The reason I post this is because I was fascinated with the OP's video in that the moving orb never had motion blur. You can clearly see the large amount of motion blur my video has. I shot it at 1/30th of a second, so that's expected. If the OP's was shot at a slow shutter speed and had no motion blur, that's amazing. If it was shot at 1/2000th, well, we do not expect to see motion blur. But the round and fuzzy edged shape of the OP's UFO is still intriguing. If it were a bug or bird, frozen by a fast shutter speed, we'd see its shape. But we see a fuzzy ball. It's really fascinating as it's way, way too fast for a dust particle.

This video will be difficult to analyze unless you have a player that lets you scrub smoothly back and forth, frame by frame, as it all happens pretty fast. Look at it full screen also.

It's really fascinating as it's way, way too fast for a dust particle.
If it was a dust particle or similarly tiny object, it's not traveling fast at all.
It won't be at all visible until it's quite close to the camera.
I don't think there is any need to make fun of someone who doesn't get back to a post.
No-one was making fun of him and not coming back to post was not the issue.

Last edited:
I don't think there is any need to make fun of someone who doesn't get back to a post. I forget about them all the time. I also find things that I've forgotten about and post them, sometimes many years later. As a moderator on a 3d printing site, I find that I have to be super diligent about being understanding and to set a good example as to the tone I want the forum to take. We can all be a little kinder to each other. It's not a competition here. It's sharing and learning.

The reason I post this is because I was fascinated with the OP's video in that the moving orb never had motion blur. You can clearly see the large amount of motion blur my video has. I shot it at 1/30th of a second, so that's expected. If the OP's was shot at a slow shutter speed and had no motion blur, that's amazing. If it was shot at 1/2000th, well, we do not expect to see motion blur. But the round and fuzzy edged shape of the OP's UFO is still intriguing. If it were a bug or bird, frozen by a fast shutter speed, we'd see its shape. But we see a fuzzy ball. It's really fascinating as it's way, way too fast for a dust particle.

The problem is that your post is a perfect example of the cause of frustration on display in this thread:

It's really fascinating as it's way, way too fast for a dust particle.

No it isn't. This assertion keeps being made, but it's incorrect. It's been pointed out multiple times in this thread that you cannot determine speed if you do not know size, and thus distance. Do you disagree with that, or are you just ignoring that basic issue? If you disagree then please explain how speed is determined when you cannot tell the distance to the object in question.

Your video is far more interesting, because the object, at least initially (if they are the same object) is identifiable and so we can make some estimate of size, and thus distance.

Man I'm sorry some of you are getting disappointed even going as far as saying basically just ignore this . But like someone said I was just sharing something I found interesting. And yeah it was 2 years ago and I finally found a place where I thought it would be appreciated. Sorry I can't give you the reply you wanted but clearly I do care

Sorry I can't give you the reply you wanted but clearly I do care
You haven't given any reply to any of the questions asked of you.
Here are couple that you've ignored:
What distance would you estimate the object was coming from?​
How large/small you think the object is?​
What makes you say it is definitely coming from past cherry Ave?​
How can you eliminate a small bit of fluff or something similar?​
but clearly I do care
Care about what?
You haven't cared about anything that's been said to help you find the explanation you said you are looking for.

You know what your right. I am sorry for posting this. I didn't mean to upset anyone here and I respect the forum. Thank you guys

You know what your right. I am sorry for posting this. I didn't mean to upset anyone here and I respect the forum. Thank you guy
Yes... you really do care and seriously want help working out what you caught with your camera.
Just not quite enough to reply to anyone trying to help ... or to listen to anyone that doesn't say it's a tiny flying saucer with little green men.

If anything I thought you might like the video if you didn't then my bad. . I clearly won't be posting no more

I had an interesting UFO event today. It's really not a UFO, I think it's a bat. The bat enters from the left at the 1st arrow. But scroll back and forth at about frame 14, the 2nd arrow. Something really, really fast rockets towards it. I can't imagine what it was.

This video will be difficult to analyze unless you have a player that lets you scrub smoothly back and forth, frame by frame, as it all happens pretty fast. Look at it full screen also.

Hey nice footage this looks similar to mine. What do you think it could be?

@Trackedout

Yea, I don't know. That's what makes it interesting. I'll likely visit time to time. Do you have any idea what the shutter speed might have been?

I don't see it. I paused and restarted around the 6 second mark several times.

D

dust.gif

Reactions: Trackedout
I don't see it. I paused and restarted around the 6 second mark several times.

D
Don't worry, you haven't missed anything.

Definitely not an alien craft or a secret Air Force project.

I couldn't see it either, it took my sharp-eyed son three or four times before he saw it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl