UAS Registration, LLC Questions

Reaction score
Has anyone registered their commercial UAS under it's own LLC? I've been looking up information regarding the process, do you use the name of your business? Do you register that LLC in your state? Do I have to have a LLC already established before I can register my drone under it? Remote pilot 101 touches lightly on this process but not enough to know how to complete the process. Is there any info about how its done in a different thread? or anyone who has done it that can answer these questions? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Has anyone registered their commercial UAS under it's own LLC? I've been looking up information regarding the process, do you use the name of your business? Do you register that LLC in your state? Do I have to have a LLC already established before I can register my drone under it? Remote pilot 101 touches lightly on this process but not enough to know how to complete the process. Is there any info about how its done in a different thread? or anyone who has done it that can answer these questions? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Perhaps these pages have some helpful information"
Aircraft Registry – Aircraft Registration: Unmanned Aircraft (UA)
https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/aircraft_certification/aircraft_registry/media/LLCINFO.PDF

Great info to start from Meta4.

But, is this a place for legal advice?

The one thing that stands out to me is asking if you should have an established LLC before registering 'under' one.

To me this would be common sense but I'm not a legal counselor.

Last edited:
I had set up my LLC previously for my consulting activities. Just created an 'airborne' division of the LLC when I started flying my drones commercially. All three of my P3A's are registered as property of my LLC.

I believe what the OP is asking, however, is creating an LLC for EACH drone and registering each drone to its OWN LLC. This is typically recommended as a financial risk prevention strategy.

To the OP, you might want to send Jason a message over at RemotePilot101 for some tips. I do believe, however, that you need to register each LLC with your state and pay that fee.

Reactions: cbkline
A) Until the LLC is set up it's not a legal entity and nothing can (should) be registered to it
B) IMHO it's just easier to register to the operator (me) so if I change the name of my company or go to work for someone else and dissolve my company that's one less thing to worry about.

Just my 2 cents and NOT legal advice. I'm about as far away from being an attorney as you can and I did NOT stay at Holiday Inn Express last night :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers