Turning slowly in flight

Reaction score
When I was flying my p4p I planted it in the sky and noticed it was slowly turning to the side in flight. I did a compass calibration and it fixed it, but I can't be sure. I couldn't tell if it was moving or not, as I was low on battery and had to land. At the time I was flying I was about 145 feet up, with 15 mph gusts. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. This a common issue? Should I be worried? Thanks

Not a common issue?
HI I don't have p4p but depending on how you do turns,,everyone bit different ,,like some turns are just left and right and sometimes they some yawing involved aswell,,we'll that's how I'm controlling p4 anyway:),,wind does play a factor in turns,,,you could do IMU calibration now and again ,,,I know not really need to just a habit I have,,,happy flyingyou can look at your flight on dji app and watch what your rc sticks are doing when you are turning,,it's easy to move both when turning without knowing

HI I don't have p4p but depending on how you do turns,,everyone bit different ,,like some turns are just left and right and sometimes they some yawing involved aswell,,we'll that's how I'm controlling p4 anyway:),,wind does play a factor in turns,,,you could do IMU calibration now and again ,,,I know not really need to just a habit I have,,,happy flyingyou can look at your flight on dji app and watch what your rc sticks are doing when you are turning,,it's easy to move both when turning without knowing
Yeah, I just did a imu calibration because my p4p is usually rock solid and was bouncing up and down and moving to the side without wind. So it needed a imu. I'm gonna fly again tomorrow.

Got my MP back the other day. I tested it w/o any calibrations and was getting compass errors (changing compass warning) and it flew twitchy. So IMU and compass cal sorted that out. Threw in a gimbal cal for good measure. Rock solid now.

Reactions: PhantomEvan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1