turn on, turn off, turn on, turn off, finally!!

Reaction score
Seriously since I've had this P3P (couple weeks) I almost always have to turn on and off the remote, unplug the usb and replug or close all programs and reopen and its hit or miss, it will finally connect.

With either the DJI go app, or Litchi.

Seriously what in the world is the deal there? Why is it so hard?? Whats funny, even though it says disconnected, the controller is working, I can start it up and fly it.

Is there a trick to this or something? obviously it has NOTHING to do with the program or the device, reinstalling is just a waste of time, this was happening the same whether on my LG G5, or my Galaxy Tab 8"

please someone have a solution.

thanks

Could it possibly be startup order? Order should be (with device already on and usb connected)RC,AC then APP.

I have always had this issue when using my phone with DJI GO. I never could get litchi to work at all though. Same process, on of on off kill apps etc etc. But with my ipad mini 4 and Nvidia K1 it connects right away every time. I have never figured out why. Maybe it has something to do with Android 6 Marshmallow and Verizon? I do know that Android 6 has an issue with releasing the USB port. That is why you have to kill the app manually. I wish someone would figure it out though.
There must be a hundred posts of people having the same issues on Apple and Android since the updated firmware on the controller. The controller connects to the craft and you can operate the gimbal and fly, but the app says disconnected and there is no camera view or the camera link is grayed out or unable to open camera.
Do you have USB debugging enabled in settings? Is your USB port set to use MIDI and not CHARGING?

I do have usb debugging enabled. usb is set to transfer files, it also does not charge when plugged in, needs a 2amp charger otherwise it won't charge.

what is the order exactly?

I had this issue with a Nexus 6, I found that if the phone is awake and at the home page, then it works fine. If it's password protected and not 'awake' it will fail to work reliably.

Seriously since I've had this P3P (couple weeks) I almost always have to turn on and off the remote, unplug the usb and replug or close all programs and reopen and its hit or miss, it will finally connect.

Seriously what in the world is the deal there? Why is it so hard?? Whats funny, even though it says disconnected, the controller is working, I can start it up and fly it.

Is there a trick to this or something? obviously it has NOTHING to do with the program or the device, reinstalling is just a waste of time, this was happening the same whether on my LG G5, or my Galaxy Tab 8"

thanks
Likely one of the apps is running in the android 'background'. I found this out as well, if go is running, litchi aint happy and vice versa. I clicked the 'close app in exit' setting in developer options and this issue went away.

I don't see the 'close app in exit' option in my Nexus 7. Is the "don't keep activities" the thing to enable?

I have this same issue with an ipad mini and P3A. I always start the remote, then the app and then the aircraft, but more often than not I do not connect. I get green light on the remote. Switch off everything and try again in same order usually fixes it.

thanks

The controller(RC) uses a different "connection" than the app and its video feed.
Thus the RC usually will always work no matter what happens in the APP.
try rc on, then p3 on, then tablet on , then plug in usb

or as Trackman suggested connect usb first and turn on tablet then, RC then P3, then app.

good luck and have fun flying!

As everyone has said above, starting sequence is very important. You can't drive the car unless engine is ON. This may not be the right analogy but yes you got to make connections one by one.

1. Switch on RC. You will see red LED
2. Switch on AC. If RC was paired correctly with AC, LED on RC will turn green indicating connection between AC and RC has been established.
3. Now time to turn ON DJI GO app obviously with USB connected and no other app sharing that USB port. App will show when connection is made. Go further from here....:)

I have this problem from time to time. When it starts to get really bad I do a "cold" IMU. This seems to resolve the problem (and doing the above posts on order of power-up) at least for a few weeks. Plenty of posts/opinions on this site for procedures on cold IMU. One last thing... Sometimes patience too. Several times right before I'm ready to start the on-off-on... If I give it an extra .30 seconds it will magically connect. It always a crap shoot tho!

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

As everyone has said above, starting sequence is very important. You can't drive the car unless engine is ON. This may not be the right analogy but yes you got to make connections one by one.

2. Switch on AC. If RC was paired correctly with AC, LED on RC will turn green indicating connection between AC and RC has been established.
3. Now time to turn ON DJI GO app obviously with USB connected and no other app sharing that USB port. App will show when connection is made. Go further from here....:)
In my case, it connects alright, it just doesn't have video until the on-off-on.

Reactions: HWCM
In my case, it connects alright, it just doesn't have video until the on-off-on.
Good. You are at least out of the first step.

Video is another complex process. Its generated on P3, then transmitted to RC which in turn is received by tablet for processing and then displaying. Good video needs low RF interference, good processing capability on tablet and free space on tablet. Quality depends mainly on these factors.

ok this is getting to the point I wanna return this thing. It's such a great product yet fails in the most basic way.

Turned on RC, then turned on remote, then turned on tablet, once I plugged in the usb cable it opens the app straight away.. disconnected.
this time I had friends around, I started the motors, they worked

turned off remote, turned on,

disconnected cable, closed all apps including the flight appdisconnected cable, closed all apps including the flight appdisconnected cable, closed all apps including the flight appdisconnected cable, closed all apps including the flight app

finally after about 20x, it connects.

Seriously, this is unacceptable

its getting worse too, what the hell

I have tried this and other methods dozens of times, it is still hit or miss if it connects.

Good. You are at least out of the first step.

Video is another complex process. Its generated on P3, then transmitted to RC which in turn is received by tablet for processing and then displaying. Good video needs low RF interference, good processing capability on tablet and free space on tablet. Quality depends mainly on these factors.
That is not the issue, It has something to do with the app itself.

ok this is getting to the point I wanna return this thing. It's such a great product yet fails in the most basic way.

Turned on RC, then turned on remote, then turned on tablet, once I plugged in the usb cable it opens the app straight away.. disconnected.
this time I had friends around, I started the motors, they worked

disconnected cable, closed all apps including the flight appdisconnected cable, closed all apps including the flight appdisconnected cable, closed all apps including the flight appdisconnected cable, closed all apps including the flight app

finally after about 20x, it connects.

Seriously, this is unacceptable

its getting worse too, what the hell
Ditto. Try restarting your phone just before you connect everything up. Sometimes it works.

Still having this problem, I'm losing my mind, it takes me 5 minutes to connect almost everytime. this is with either my LG G5 phone or Samsung tablet.
This happens whether I use Go app or Litchi app.

I've tried all different methods, I get the green flashes indicating the controller is connected, but still disconnected. I then do the same crap each time, turn on off the remote, unplug the usb cable, shut down the app, clear the cache, replug, power back on, power off, still nothing.

rinse and repeat about 5-6 times and then finally it just hits.

This is a serious problem, I'm just shocked that this happens like this.

Should I try to unpair the remote and repair with the drone again?

It's not a remote to aircraft problem, because they will connect every time.
It's a phone usb problem. Android has a problem of releasing the usb port. Hopefully it will get fixed some day.
Unless you think the usb port on the remote is bad, which DJI says is a common problem.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20