turn on, turn off, turn on, turn off, finally!!

I ended up buying an iPad mini 4, never have had an issue since. I also have the Nvidia K1, which connects immediately every time. You can buy them new for $199.00

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app

Still having this problem, I'm losing my mind, it takes me 5 minutes to connect almost everytime. this is with either my LG G5 phone or Samsung tablet.
This happens whether I use Go app or Litchi app.

I've tried all different methods, I get the green flashes indicating the controller is connected, but still disconnected. I then do the same crap each time, turn on off the remote, unplug the usb cable, shut down the app, clear the cache, replug, power back on, power off, still nothing.

rinse and repeat about 5-6 times and then finally it just hits.

This is a serious problem, I'm just shocked that this happens like this.

Should I try to unpair the remote and repair with the drone again?

Try this it sorted my No Signal issue, am I right in saying you can fly bird but have no video feed to device

It is a USB Android issue. I have had a few things go wrong and figured them out. Here are my findings.

1) It does not matter much when you turn things on or off. But I usually have the bird and remote on before I plug in the USB cable to my phone. I have also turned them off and on again while phone was still connected without much issue.
2) You need to plug in the USB then slide down the top Android window shade to select anything other than "USB Charging". That tells the phone you want to use the USB for communication.
3) If you ever have an issue with it not connecting, defaulting to DJI GO when you want to use Litchi or vice versa, this is what you need to do, at least on my Samsung S7. Go to Settings/Device tab/Applications/Application Manager, then go to ALL the apps that use USB, especially DJI GO and Litchi, click on each app and under "Set as Default" make sure to "Clear Defaults" if it is enabled. This way when you plug in USB, then select "transfer images", "connect as Midi device" etc. it will ask you what app you want to use with the device (your remote) that was just connected to the USB port. You then can select DJI GO, Litchi, etc. but be sure to deselect the "Use this App by Default" or similar message. I had trouble connecting my phone to my remote for over 1/2 hour once. I finally figured out that some USB endoscope app was the "Default Device" I unchecked "set as Default" and I can now connect easy as pie now.

Marshmallow has these new USB issues that are a pain, but once you figure them out it's no so bad. One problem I still have is that if I have a loose USB connection like if the plug comes half way out or something, it will reboot my phone, which is a pain. I have used 4 Android phones and an iPad mini with my P3A and P3P. They all work well if you get the issues sorted out.

It is a USB Android issue. I have had a few things go wrong and figured them out. Here are my findings.

1) It does not matter much when you turn things on or off. But I usually have the bird and remote on before I plug in the USB cable to my phone. I have also turned them off and on again while phone was still connected without much issue.
2) You need to plug in the USB then slide down the top Android window shade to select anything other than "USB Charging". That tells the phone you want to use the USB for communication.
3) If you ever have an issue with it not connecting, defaulting to DJI GO when you want to use Litchi or vice versa, this is what you need to do, at least on my Samsung S7. Go to Settings/Device tab/Applications/Application Manager, then go to ALL the apps that use USB, especially DJI GO and Litchi, click on each app and under "Set as Default" make sure to "Clear Defaults" if it is enabled. This way when you plug in USB, then select "transfer images", "connect as Midi device" etc. it will ask you what app you want to use with the device (your remote) that was just connected to the USB port. You then can select DJI GO, Litchi, etc. but be sure to deselect the "Use this App by Default" or similar message. I had trouble connecting my phone to my remote for over 1/2 hour once. I finally figured out that some USB endoscope app was the "Default Device" I unchecked "set as Default" and I can now connect easy as pie now.

Marshmallow has these new USB issues that are a pain, but once you figure them out it's no so bad. One problem I still have is that if I have a loose USB connection like if the plug comes half way out or something, it will reboot my phone, which is a pain. I have used 4 Android phones and an iPad mini with my P3A and P3P. They all work well if you get the issues sorted out.
I still have a problem with Litchi, It will connect after several tries, but...if I touch any of the litchi apps settings or menu buttons, it disconnects. I even factory reset my phone and ONLY installed the LItchi app, no other apps at all. Same issue, only now it is even more frustrating trying to get it to connect at all. The last time I tried for over a half hour and still could not connect. I finally gave up and just use GO. I contacted Litchi and they suggested all of the usual things, then after a few days of trying Litchi gave up to,and said that my phone is not compatible. I have a HTC ONE M9 and GO works on it. Litchi ended up refunding me. I really wanted it to work for the VR goggles.

Well I'm happy to say I finally think I have it figured out, so far the last 3 flights were pretty much instant connect.

Procedure is now, turn on controller, about 5 seconds turn on the drone, wait about 10 seconds or so (these times are not really timed just how I've been doing it, its probably not needed as I think I found the issue),
then make sure all apps are cleared and open litchi or dji go app (after removing the default), then plugging in the USB cable, still nothing though, not until I do this

For some reason I thought I had it set for "nothing but charging" apparently it defaults to "share files" , the second I hit do nothing/charge only, boom, it connects!

So thanks JonEQuest

Well I'm happy to say I finally think I have it figured out, so far the last 3 flights were pretty much instant connect.

Procedure is now, turn on controller, about 5 seconds turn on the drone, wait about 10 seconds or so (these times are not really timed just how I've been doing it, its probably not needed as I think I found the issue),
then make sure all apps are cleared and open litchi or dji go app (after removing the default), then plugging in the USB cable, still nothing though, not until I do this

For some reason I thought I had it set for "nothing but charging" apparently it defaults to "share files" , the second I hit do nothing/charge only, boom, it connects!

So thanks JonEQuest
That is extremely odd. It should not work at all that way.

So thanks JonEQuest
Your welcome. Basically it does not matter what you have your phone set to. EVERY time you connect something you pretty much have to select anything other than "USB Charging" for it to connect. You can use camera, midi files, media, etc. and it then sees the new connection as authorized and starts the data flow. It is kind of a security feature I guess. Plus the new fast chargers actually "talk" to the device to see if they can handle getting 9 volts instead of 5 volts for charging. Maybe that is part of why they need you to select. I hate it but that is what I have to do.

I had a android tablet that did the same thing. I fixed the problem with a iPad Air 2 and now it connects quickly. I am not a apple or droid conformist but what works "works".

I had a android tablet that did the same thing. I fixed the problem with a iPad Air 2 and now it connects quickly. I am not a apple or droid conformist but what works "works".

well, looks like you didn't have to do that :) I Admit it was frustrating as hell, but now its nothing more then 1 second worth of time

My Shield connects every single time without issue.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have this problem from time to time. When it starts to get really bad I do a "cold" IMU. This seems to resolve the problem (and doing the above posts on order of power-up) at least for a few weeks. Plenty of posts/opinions on this site for procedures on cold IMU. One last thing... Sometimes patience too. Several times right before I'm ready to start the on-off-on... If I give it an extra .30 seconds it will magically connect. It always a crap shoot tho!

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do a stick calibration! It will fix it!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you try the stick calibration? Mine was doing that one time and someone on here told me to do a stick calibration and viola it fixed if. Especially if you've had it apart

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20