Tuff drone.

Reaction score
For any of you who are on this forum and are trying to decide what drone to get. Go with the DJI line. I must say that as a novice flyer, I have put mine through the ringer. First I hit a tree, and it dropped 20ft into water. Dried it off, worked fine. Then I was out doing a job. Like a dummy I did not pre fly my route and make sure I was above the tree line. Well I hit a tree, fell to the ground. Put the battery back in, finished my job. My last accident, my battery just quit, as I was coming in for a landing, it dropped about 20 ft on our outbuilding then hit the ground. Props flew off, camera gone, and it still files. Guys we normally bash Chinese stuff for how cheap it is, but this, this is built very well.

Reactions: Reed L
I will have to second that! I stupidly crashed my P3P some weeks ago. Flew into the top of a 25 foot tree and tumbled end over end to the hard asphalt below. I mean this thing hit hard! Knocked the battery out, broke two props, and broke the Gimbal arm. I replaced the battery, and the props, and then secured the camera in place for a test flight. It flew normally, and the camera even worked okay. Unbelievable! I just recently got it back from DJI Service in southern California. They charged me $291.00 for repair, and then just sent me a refurbish one back. It looked so good, I thought it was a new one. After seeing that thing hit the ground as hard as it did, I'm okay with that. New one is great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rjeffw
When I was a kid, "Made in Japan" meant it was junk.

Then, eventually, Japan started making some really good stuff...

Reactions: Reed L
Gimbal is very delicate, body is made of plastic. A drop on hard surface from a height of 10' should definitely break something or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yup back in the 50's and 60's made in Japan meant it would break when you opened the box but then... -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure when you were a kid and I understand the MADE IN JAPAN thing. I have some very fine cameras from Japan from the 70s.
Me too. I had a Yashica I bought in '76 that took amazingly sharp photos. But I'm talkin' early 60s.

Me too. I had a Yashica I bought in '76 that took amazingly sharp photos. But I'm talkin' early 60s.
My first 35mm camera was a Yashica Electro 35. I broke it trying to get get a stuck filter off after using it for many photos. Some years back I found another somewhere and bought it. I still have my Minolta SRT 101 from 1970 and a 102. Great cameras. I have the Minolta XD11, bellows and multiple lenses for these. Very well made. Miss those days. Still have my color darkroom.

Chinese products were even worse then Japanese back then but a lot of Americans also spread a lot of justified hatred against the Japanese - and buying any of their products was looked down on from December 7, 1941 until even today
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic