Trump to Launch Drone Pilot Program for a Neighborhood Near You

The plan seems to be taking oversight away from the FAA & giving it to the Department of Transportation. Since "state, local, and tribal governments" will have a "voice and stake", it is expected that federal control of airspace will be fragmented & local governments will be able to restrict drones as they see fit.

This is the only thing that I agreed is good for drone pilots, it make it more easy to fly our drones with less restrictions in place.

This is the only thing that I agreed is good for drone pilots, it make it more easy to fly our drones with less restrictions in place.
50 states, 50 different sets of laws. Then add county/city/town laws. I don't see that as less restrictive.

Reactions: KentA
Once the local government (i.e. City etc.) gets involved you can be guaranteed chaos. Different rules and laws everywhere you go, all of them wanting to charge some kind of a user fee for the use of "their" airspace etc. It's all bad, this is the "drone innovation act", which was the house companion bill to SB 1272, Feinstein's horrible UAV business killing atrocity which I have written to EVERY Senator in the country to say NO to.
Companies like airmap are trying to push through theses bills so that airspace gets so complicated that you can't fly without their tools ( which are free now but I imagine they will charge a couple hundred dollars a year for once the chaos begins.)

Also big corporations who want to do deliveries by drones will push hard to get cities to make it hard for independent UAV operators to get airborne so you are out of their way!

I am already fighting against bills like these and tying to keep the FAA in charge of airspace, but a lot of money wants chaos for locals flying low (under 200ft. AGL) so they can deliver up at 300 - 400ft.

Hack politicians will cry "privacy issue", Feinstein started the bill because someone flew a drone near her home.

So if you are a aerial photographer/ videographer, roof or power line inspector or any other UAV activity that takes place under 200 ft. AGL, then you should start writing your representatives in Washington before the corporations get them to sell you out.

This was the first step.

Reactions: KentA

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl