Trouble flying local.

Reaction score
I went to my local lake today (curwensville, pa.) The lady at the booth said I could no longer fly my phantom there because the army of engineering Corp had a meeting and denied drone usage there. I have my part 107. It's actually a man made dam. So my question is can they stop me by law....I checked airmap and all....I'm just wondering if they just made their own rule real quick...thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 107 is not a blanket permission to fly anywhere anytime.

Don't argue with on-site authorities until you know the facts.

Research and contact management for details.

If you then think your're allowed to operate bring your data with you next time.

There are several reasons you can be denied and a "sensitive infrastructure" is one of them. I'd think Army Corp of Engineers might be a good reason to not fly the area.

There are several reasons you can be denied and a "sensitive infrastructure" is one of them. I'd think Army Corp of Engineers might be a good reason to not fly the area.
I agree, I was just frustrated earlier with the woman at the front gate. I was very respectful though. I have flown there many times. Last year I was even Givin permission to charge my battery using their outlets. I will have to talk to the management tomorrow and see what the deal is.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic