Total newbie question

Reaction score
I just bought a P4P to replace my P3S that I crashed. I tried to take it out for it's first flight in my backyard (just to get it set up), but I couldn't get the video to display on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) or my Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab4). I did get a warning that there was wireless interference (I wasn't that far from my router and cable modem). I am using DJI Go 4. I plan on taking it somewhere with a lot less interference tomorrow or Wed to give it a try. My question is, does the "mobile device" need cellular service or can I get away with using my tablet that just has WiFi?

Last edited:
My question is, does the "mobile device" cellular service or can I get away with using my tablet that just has WiFi?
Are you asking if you need cellular service? If so, you don't. A Wi-Fi only device can be used.

Thank you, I forgot to put the word "need" in there.
Also, I used to face video interference and glitches of all sort when my RC was needing to be updated. I just wondering which is your firmware version (bird and rc).. I think that worth to take a good look into this before to fly.

Also, I used to face video interference and glitches of all sort when my RC was needing to be updated. I just wondering which is your firmware version (bird and rc).. I think that worth to take a good look into this before to fly.
Before I took it outside I updated the firmware using the cable provided and my phone. I will double check that tonight when I get home from work though.

So, yeah.. I have pretty sure your RC need to be updated. Take a look at this video...

I wouldn't be so quick to update. It will fly fine without updating. If you happen to have 1.3.509 craft firmware from the factory, I'd stick with that. Before you fly, setup the radio to use 5.8Ghz AUTO to minimize interference. You'll find that with the HD icon.

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl