CrystalSky and cards

Reaction score
I just ordered a CrystalSky display for my P4P and am not clear about where to use/put the microSD card. Should I put a card in both the drone and the CrystalSky? Would that write video to both cards? Or do I determine somehow which is the priority? And what is the fastest card both/either can use? Thanks for any info.

There's no need for a microSD card in the Crystal Sky.
The original footage from the camea is stored on a microSD card in the drone.

Supported SD Cards:
Write speed ≥15MB/s, Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

You can find more information about the Crystal Sky (Manuals, firmwares) on DJI's Crystalsky downloads webpage:

The last firmware update for the CS dates from 2019-12-09 (v3020).
The last GO apps are:
-DJI GO v3.1.59 (748) dd 2019-11-22
-DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 (801) dd 2017-12-??
Both use mapbox in their map view.
Mapbox made changes in their API after these dates which disabled showing maps in both the GO and GO 4 apps on the CS.

I have heard of CS users getting back map display (google maps) by installing older versions of the GO 4 app for the CS (the "normal" GO apps do NOT work on the CS).

Another option is installing Litchi on the CS.
You can find more information about Litchi here:

Thanks very much for your help. Also, the Brightness slider has very little impact - I watched a video where the guy slid the slider to the left and the screen went almost completely black - mine just barely drops a few shades and is still completely readable. Do I have to disable the auto brightness feature, which is what the icon on the slider seems to be for? I'm not really worried about blanking the screen - I just want to be sure I am at max brightness... Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl