Took my P3S out today

Reaction score
So I'm flying around and signal ghoit weak and video was coming in and out. So I attempted to RTH and it timed out twice so I shut off the controller and the app locked up. So I had to shut it down and restart everything. But the the highlight is the drone did exactly what I was expecting/hoping it would do and came back. Anyone else having trouble with the app locking up. Normally if I lose signal when the drone gets back in range everything is fine.

Which mobile device are you using?

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
@Huge Bama Fan ..........Android Version? App Version? With Android, devices are picky, and so are the versions. First make sure you kill all apps, notifications....etc....Before Flying. Specifically use "airplane mode" which does just that in a sense. If you need maps, cache them before you fly.....Nothing running in the background should make things go a bit more smoothly...Might try re-installing app as well....

I turn off the mobile data and haven't had a single issue. I have a Samsung Note 8 and read that if you get a call mid flight then it could cause some drama that I didn't need in my life at the moment. I haven't used airplane mode but that sounds like a good idea also.

ive had my p3s for a couple of months now but only an handful of flights is it just me but I fly out a couple hundred and get warning so I panick and rth I am a novice any advice should I ignore the waning and try go futher

Similar situation with my P3. I use an older 5s phone. Have had P3 for several months, no issue. All of a sudden getting weak signal/loss of signal and camera view. P3 not very far away... 15/20 yds. Used a newer phone (son’s) and it worked fine....

I have not been able to fly for months.... weather is extremely cold and when the temp is great then is raining and I work full time so don’t have time on weekdays. I can only fly on the weekend.

I turn off the mobile data and haven't had a single issue. I have a Samsung Note 8 and read that if you get a call mid flight then it could cause some drama that I didn't need in my life at the moment. I haven't used airplane mode but that sounds like a good idea also.

You might want to go ahead and use airplane mode every time then - AFAIK, turning off mobile data does not stop phone calls... only stops internet, emails, social apps, etc.

The amount of times I get a call when I am flying is unreal. App doesn't crash and as soon as I let go of the sticks the drone hoovers and waits for my next move. You will be fine but its always best to turn on airplane mode anyway. Last thing you want is to have your enjoyment ruined by the Mrs nagging [emoji6]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl