To "UP-DATE2 or "NOT TO UP-DATE" (warranty issues)?

Reaction score
I had to roll-back my DJI-Go software a few weeks ago (with the great help of a few of you here) which raised the point/question.

It seems that whenever there is and update of firmware or software from DJI it is NEVER 100% working correctly, do they test it before release or put it into the market place to get the masses to do the testing?

It may be that I dreamt it one time but I seem to remember somewhere something about 'you must update your Phantom when the updates are available' this I thought I remembered as part of the warranty rules. Is that correct? What I mean is "if you are not running the latest firmware/software from DJI" and you have a problem related to the normal control of the aircraft are you still fully covered by the makers warranty? :rolleyes:o_O

Anybody know the facts (not what they think it may be).

"if you are not running the latest firmware/software from DJI" and you have a problem related to the normal control of the aircraft are you still fully covered by the makers warranty?
Yes. While DJI would probably prefer you to install firmware updates, you're not required to do so.

I had to roll-back my DJI-Go software a few weeks ago (with the great help of a few of you here) which raised the point/question.

It seems that whenever there is and update of firmware or software from DJI it is NEVER 100% working correctly, do they test it before release or put it into the market place to get the masses to do the testing?

It may be that I dreamt it one time but I seem to remember somewhere something about 'you must update your Phantom when the updates are available' this I thought I remembered as part of the warranty rules. Is that correct? What I mean is "if you are not running the latest firmware/software from DJI" and you have a problem related to the normal control of the aircraft are you still fully covered by the makers warranty? :rolleyes:o_O

Anybody know the facts (not what they think it may be).

I always suggest not to chase each and every update from DJI. If you are happy with the current version, be happy and enjoy flying. I say it cause there is a reason behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31