TO GOOD TO BE TRUE?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to investigate scams online for years and at first glance the gmail address and recent, 1 year site registration are both red flags. And if others have found identical sites with different addresses, that would seal it. Having said that, most scammers with multiple sites are lazy and copy and paste their site wording. On the section I copied, there were no other matches.
And - it's been a while - was it registered 6th nov or 11th June? Either way, how could godaddy say what you said they said? The domain owner details seem to be hidden now (though I just tried one tool cos I'm lazy!) but the creation date was 6/11, whichever that is.
And the name 'nosaj' is a tough code to break..

Ok, definite scam, as if anyone doubted it - the help email address is [email protected], which is odd enough as the address should be @windsel.com, but support@windselsales doesn't exist:

BAD windselsales.com does not exist

Yea, I looked that up too. If u stay on the page it will keep popping up ones who have bought one. A buddy said he was going to try it and see what happens. He got a receipt to his email and everything just like I have got from other sites and will show tracking progress. He used PayPal and he said that PayPal told him he is covered should he not receive. I must say I’ve not seen a fake site use PayPal, I see most debit or prepaid debt card and wire transfers. I will update what happens.
The pop-ups are fake. The site is only 4 days old. Say good-bye to your money!

Found this today, I have done research on the domain and have who the owners is a phone number and email. They take PayPal and I called PayPal and they told me the account linked to site is in good standing. It can’t be real. Anyone hear of this site? It’s located in Australia. Even wholesale price is higher than that, I think it may be a knock off or scam all together. Just thought I’d get the word out since I saw no mention on this forum about this site.

Here is a link to the site- DJI Phantom 4 Pro (White)

View attachment 105137
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, your post managed to drive a couple of suckers their way. The word is "GREED".

So if anyone had bothered to do some research, they would find:
1) The site is only 4 days old
2) They have only one product for sale
3) None of the product page links are functional
4) Some of the pages are cut & paste from another website. The others have poor English grammar
5) The pop-ups are fake
6) They only take PayPal. No credit cards accepted

As to PayPal, yes they may be able to help but only to the extent the account is legit. I've seen PayPal accounts hacked and used to to transfer money before the owner realizes the account is hacked and then it's too late. Money gone.

I truly no longer feel sorry for people who get scammed. You deserve to lose your money or at the very least go through hell and back trying to get it back. It's the only way you're going to learn. It's so easy to spot yet some people just want to believe it's true. But when it's too good to be true, it probably is. Greed and ignorance still prevail.

Last edited:
It’s registered to his home address it looks like. This is the only thing on his site he is selling, maybe hey are “hot”. But PayPal did tell me he is in good standing and godaddy.com said they have no complaints or misuse reports and Spotify said the same, so maybe he has just started this scam. I will know soon, when I told my friend he acted like he did not care for PayPal would cover him. I on the other hand can take that risk of losing $300, never know if PayPal would change their mind, for they do dumb crap a lot.
Give your $300 to me please.

You guys who have bought off this website deserve to loose your money! All you are doing is supporting a scammer and gifting them money. Yes, PayPal may come good and cover you but their fees go up and up and up to offset these payouts! If it's a DGI product it's not going to be discounted like this or anywhere near it.. DJI won't allow it! A much more worthy cause would be to just send your money, that you are throwing away, directly to me... I do not even have a day off work because I have that many bills to pay for the stuff that I have bought over the past few years. If you would like a PayPal link button to send. me the money, I am happy to put one on a $2.99 website hosted on a server somewhere in upper cumbunga for you to press? If you think I should silly, just take a look at yourselves..?

Yes, I got scammed for something similar about twelve months ago as well. However I didn't think it was a scam, actually the thought never even crossed my mind as the site was set up so well. It was only after not getting a receipt etc that I started investigating. Turns out the registrant of the domains address was table 4 at a Burger King somewhere in the Middle East!

If it seems to good to be true, IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

Reactions: LarBear360
You guys who have bought off this website deserve to loose your money! All you are doing is supporting a scammer and gifting them money. Yes, PayPal may come good and cover you but their fees go up and up and up to offset these payouts! If it's a DGI product it's not going to be discounted like this or anywhere near it.. DJI won't allow it! A much more worthy cause would be to just send your money, that you are throwing away, directly to me... I do not even have a day off work because I have that many bills to pay for the stuff that I have bought over the past few years. If you would like a PayPal link button to send. me the money, I am happy to put one on a $2.99 website hosted on a server somewhere in upper cumbunga for you to press? If you think I should silly, just take a look at yourselves..?

Yes, I got scammed for something similar about twelve months ago as well. However I didn't think it was a scam, actually the thought never even crossed my mind as the site was set up so well. It was only after not getting a receipt etc that I started investigating. Turns out the registrant of the domains address was table 4 at a Burger King somewhere in the Middle East!

If it seems to good to be true, IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE!
The site will disappear soon, along with some dope's money!

Yes of freaking course it is too good to be true. Shame on anyone so impossibly naive to think they could actually buy from this site. Regardless if there is ultimately a refund from PayPal or not, it is a waste of time and just playing right into the scammer's hands.

Reactions: Meta4
Man, you guys are party poopers. It’s their money and time and they seem to be having fun. Good laugh is hard to come by anymore!

Reactions: Bobert1850
there's an old saying:

If it looks to good to be true, it probably is not true .... or something like that.

I had a look at the listed address and it's just north of Perth WA. Nice looking house near the beach and whilst looking at the ad, someone from the USA bought one of the P4Ps. If I lived closer, I'd drop by and knock on their door and relieve them of one of their units which I guarantee they don't have on the premises but can arrange for a fee....
Well I am going to see if PayPal will honor their ad about protecting the buyer. I just bought one and hope I don't get a bill in the mail before the drone arrives. That is, if the drone arrives which I doubt very seriously that it will. I hope others who have bitten on this scam will keep us informed.

Update: Just got a message from PayPal, suspicious charge, do you want to cancel it, well I had hoped for a 400.00 dollar P4P but PayPal saved the day. I cancelled. Guess I will never know if it was a good deal or not.

Last edited:
...heads up on another dodgy deal:

I went to replace my p4p v1 with another p4p v1 that was on sale at microcenter for only $800us - picked it up and it was two years old (...from S/N), the battery was completely dead and useless, and it had a gimbal that drifted for thirty seconds after every move...BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Well I am going to see if PayPal will honor their ad about protecting the buyer. I just bought one and hope I don't get a bill in the mail before the drone arrives. That is, if the drone arrives which I doubt very seriously that it will. I hope others who have bitten on this scam will keep us informed.

Update: Just got a message from PayPal, suspicious charge, do you want to cancel it, well I had hoped for a 400.00 dollar P4P but PayPal saved the day. I cancelled. Guess I will never know if it was a good deal or not.
Well sir, it seems you have confirmed what most of us were alluding to. The trouble is that not everyone will be protected by the likes of PayPal and there will be those folks that use other forms of payment, will lose their money and continue to feed these types of pop up scams and on it goes.

Dude, you just dodged a $400 bullet and you're still thinking it may have been legit? I had no idea scamming people is THAT easy. I'm in the wrong business! My site will be up shortly!

Last edited:
Reactions: Meta4
Well sir, it seems you have confirmed what most of us were alluding to. The trouble is that not everyone will be protected by the likes of PayPal and there will be those folks that use other forms of payment, will lose their money and continue to feed these types of pop up scams and on it goes.
Actually, credit cards are much safer than PayPal. Despite the credit card logos on the fake site, the only acceptable form of payment upon check-out is PayPal. Another HUGE red flag.

I just bought 377 of these drones. Can't wait to open my store!

1541897977179.png

Reactions: tevek
Dude, you just dodged a $400 bullet and you're still thinking it may have been legit? I had no idea scamming people is THAT easy. I'm in the wrong business! My site will be up shortly!
I knew that I could back out anytime and just wanted to see what would happen when I placed the order. I cancelled about the same time that PayPal caught it. I don't believe you are the type of person that would scam honest people, if you are then you don't need to be on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4