Tilted horizon

Reaction score
I've been in contact with dji they told me to mail back the drone for diagnosis. Before I do that, and have a two week turn around time waiting for them to return it. I was wondering if anyone has encountered a tilted horizon.
99d9bae4a730ab75ec93485f329363d4.jpg

Reactions: Guitarman and Oso
As @Steve7777 noted, there has been an large amount of chatter here over the last couple of years about both a drifting horizon (tilts one way as you rotate, goes to level, and then tilts the other way) as well as a simple static horizon tilt which always tilts the same angle in one direction. As I noted in your last thread, the latter is much easier to cure with the gimbal roll adjustment or a gimbal calibration after a level IMU cal.

Since your video shows the difficult to fix drifting tilt, my advice would be to send it back if you are still able to do so under warranty. I have seen too many people procrastinate thinking they can fix a drifting horizon or a FW update will fix it even when no amount of IMU or gimbal calibrations they have done fixed it for them. Even mid air gimbal calibrations, cold IMU cals on perfectly level surfaces, the works. For a while, some even thought you could fix a drifting horizon if you did the IMU/gimbal cal with the camera lens facing due North.

What seems to happen often is that the drift seems to be gone for a flight or two so they think it's cured. Then out of the blue its back with a vengeance. They get strung along like that and then after a while it's too late for warranty work.

Last edited:
As @Steve7777 noted, there has been an large amount of chatter here over the last couple of years about both a drifting horizon (tilts one way as you rotate, goes to level, and then tilts the other way) as well as a simple static horizon tilt which always tilts the same angle in one direction. As I noted in your last thread, the latter is much easier to cure with the gimbal roll adjustment or a gimbal calibration after a level IMU cal.

Since your video shows the difficult to fix drifting tilt, my advice would be to send it back if you are still able to do so under warranty. I have seen too many people procrastinate thinking they can fix a drifting horizon or a FW update will fix it even when no amount of IMU or gimbal calibrations they have done fixed it for them. Even mid air gimbal calibrations, cold IMU cals on perfectly level surfaces, the works. For a while, some even thought you could fix a drifting horizon if you did the IMU/gimbal cal with the camera lens facing due North.

What seems to happen often is that the drift seems to be gone for a flight or two so they think it's cured. Then out of the blue its back with a vengeance. They get strung along like that and then after a while it's too late for warranty work.
It's going back, thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl