Maiden Flight Video P3P

Reaction score
It's all a learning curve, this video is poor quality. However this is my first flight and first aerial video. As we all know you don't get a second chance on being first. So I had to document it.

It's all a learning curve, this video is poor quality. However this is my first flight and first aerial video. As we all know you don't get a second chance on being first. So I had to document it.

Thanks for sharing. That's a great song.

I must say for your maiden flight you were sure brave to launch so close to those overhead power (phone?) lines!

I did notice a drifting horizon in your video. That's a tough one to cure if you can at all. A horizon with a static (not drifting) tilt is much easier to fix with calibration and setting adjustments. Drifting horizon not so much.

Reactions: Guitarman
Thanks for sharing. That's a great song.

I must say for your maiden flight you were sure brave to launch so close to those overhead power (phone?) lines!

I did notice a drifting horizon in your video. That's a tough one to cure if you can at all. A horizon with a static (not drifting) tilt is much easier to fix with calibration and setting adjustments. Drifting horizon not so much.
What do you mean by drifting?

What do you mean by drifting?
The drifting horizon tilts one way as you rotate, goes to level, and then tilts the other way. Follow the link in my earlier post to see lots of background info.

A static horizon tilt always tilts the same angle in one direction so its much easier to cure with the gimbal roll adjustment or a gimbal calibration after a level IMU cal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guitarman
The drifting horizon tilts one way as you rotate, goes to level, and then tilts the other way. Follow the link in my earlier post to see lots of background info.

[/SIZE]

A static horizon tilt always tilts the same angle in one direction so its much easier to cure with the gimbal roll adjustment or a gimbal calibration.

A static horizon tilt always tilts the same angle in one direction so its much easier to cure with the gimbal roll adjustment or a gimbal calibration.

It took me a little bit to see what you were saying. I didn't know until I finished the flight that I was in atti mode the whole time. I appreciate the heads up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl