Threatened by DJI Employee

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I could tell, Ken Booth is not a DJI employee, and I'd like to see which group you suspect is created by DJI employees.

He's a part time employee of DJI. Here is the link to the DJI-created group

Here are their admins:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446171570.773908.jpg

Your wife's fears are just plain stupid.
The idea that you have been threatened is just as stupid.
You posted on facebook .. they deleted it .. end of story.
Get real

Well I think your wife's fears are not plain stupid, but if attacking my wife makes you feel like a big tough guy on a forum, hiding behind your little screen name, so be it.

They have slandered and libeled a small business with accusations of grand larceny, theft, U.S. Mail fraud, spamming and being "scammers". They have provided not ONE SHREAD of evidence and have pretty much destroyed Freddie Del Roasarios small business reputation.

They have threatened me not because I posted a link, but because they have some kind of ax to grind and love throwing their weight around.

Why else would you threaten customers to add them to "the investigation" if they "keep it up" (standing up for small business being destroyed and customers being bullied and banned for speaking out against their actions)??

It's pathetic and disgraceful and if this is allowed to stand, DJI can libel anyone anytime and destroy you or your small photography or parts or video business.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
And no-one is attacking your wife but her fears that you have built up are plain stupid.
Like I said .. Get real

I think it's pretty real for FDR and his business.

Let's SEE DJI's "evidence". Where is it it???

Show the world DJI, so we can all see why you are so sure you are protecting the planet from the evil FDR small business who sells antennas.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446177425.432135.jpg

I hope that today brings you some tempered perspective on this. From a casual outsider, it looks like you got in a bit of a pissing match with a person who works part time as a social media manager for DJI. Is that even a paid job? Even if it is, it is a far cry from DJI China headquarters parking goons outside your house at night.

For whatever reason, they didn't want your post in their group. That is their prerogative. You have no expectation of "freedom of speech" there. Start your own group, post the product, and then you can delete their posts.

Reactions: Gosling1
I hope that today brings you some tempered perspective on this. From a casual outsider, it looks like you got in a bit of a pissing match with a person who works part time as a social media manager for DJI. Is that even a paid job? Even if it is, it is a far cry from DJI China headquarters parking goons outside your house at night.

For whatever reason, they didn't want your post in their group. That is their prerogative. You have no expectation of "freedom of speech" there. Start your own group, post the product, and then you can delete their posts.

Yes it's a paid job.

Maybe you missed the part where they slandered and libeled a small business with accusations of grand larceny, theft, U.S. Mail fraud, spamming and being "scammers".

And they have provided not ONE SHREAD of evidence and have pretty much destroyed Freddie Del Roasarios small business reputation.

They have threatened me not because I posted a link, but because they have some kind of axe to grind and love throwing their weight around.

Again, it's pathetic and disgraceful and if this is allowed to stand, DJI can libel anyone anytime and destroy you or your small photography or parts or video business.

I think it's pretty real for FDR and his business.

Let's SEE DJI's "evidence". Where is it it???

Show the world DJI, so we can all see why you are so sure you are protecting the planet from the evil FDR small business who sells antennas.

View attachment 34522

Wait. What was the link you posted? FDR? Is this a product from Freddie Del Rosario?

Wait. What was the link you posted? FDR? Is this a product from Freddie Del Rosario?

Yes, apparently:

Here is the link I posted. I've received ZERO compensation in any way from FDR, contrary to claims by DJI's social misfits. I posted a link a they saw it and decided to attack me and FDR. Their actions were stupid and misguided, inappropriate for a company hoping to continue to sell products to small businesses and VERY harmful to FDR as I've been in contact with the owner.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes it's a paid job.

Maybe you missed the part where they slandered and libeled a small business with accusations of grand larceny, theft, U.S. Mail fraud, spamming and being "scammers".

And they have provided not ONE SHREAD of evidence and have pretty much destroyed Freddie Del Roasarios small business reputation.

They have threatened me not because I posted a link, but because they have some kind of ax to grind and love throwing their weight around.

Again, it's pathetic and disgraceful and if this is allowed to stand, DJI can libel anyone anytime and destroy you or your small photography or parts or video business.

Ah. Ok. It's coming together for me now.

My guess is that the "investigation" they're referring to is of FDR, and they were "threatening" to add you to the investigation. Maybe they thought that because of your zealous promotion of FDR products was an indication that you were in business, cahoots, league with FDR.

You say that they don't have a "shred" of evidence, but there are numerous complaints that I have read in the past that FDR has shredded customer's remotes, and then got eerily silent after the fact.

I have no dealings with FDR, don't know him, and cannot vouch for nor denigrate his business or practices. But I DO KNOW that there are a lot of people who are steamed at him, and perhaps some of them have complained to DJI. And perhaps DJI has decided to investigate.

Ah. Ok. It's coming together for me now.

My guess is that the "investigation" they're referring to is of FDR, and they were "threatening" to add you to the investigation. Maybe they thought that because of your zealous promotion of FDR products was an indication that you were in business, cahoots, league with FDR.

You say that they don't have a "shred" of evidence, but there are numerous complaints that I have read in the past that FDR has shredded customer's remotes, and then got eerily silent after the fact.

I have no dealings with FDR, don't know him, and cannot vouch for nor denigrate his business or practices. But I DO KNOW that there are a lot of people who are steamed at him, and perhaps some of them have complained to DJI. And perhaps DJI has decided to investigate.

I understand, and I'm not defending FDR here, but if rumors of pissed off people was the bar to engage in public campaigns of libel and defamation with accusations of grand larceny, theft, U.S. Mail fraud, spamming and being "scammers", I think DJI would be in big trouble as it's got the one of the most pissed off customer bases I've ever witnessed.

The quality of their early products, their marketing, atrocious service record and arrogance have created a very disgruntled customer base. They get by because their innovation is really quite good, and initial product quality is improving.

I understand, and I'm not defending FDR here, but if rumors of pissed off people was the bar to engage in public campaigns of libel and defamation with accusations of grand larceny, theft, U.S. Mail fraud, spamming and being "scammers", I think DJI would be in big trouble as it's got the one of the most pissed off customer bases I've ever witnessed.

The quality of their early products, their marketing, atrocious service record and arrogance have created a very disgruntled customer base. They get by because their innovation is really quite good, and initial product quality is improving.

Actually, you ARE defending FDR here. You just said that DJI hasn't a shred of evidence about wrongdoing. If you are a happy FDR customer, be happy and fly happy. Just as you know things in this world that DJI doesn't know, they may know some things that you don't (and don't intend to share publicly).

If I were you, I'd cast this whole episode into the sea of forgetfulness. Just like a good remote mod, you've amplified this 2 into a 10.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Actually, you ARE defending FDR here. You just said that DJI hasn't a shred of evidence about wrongdoing. If you are a happy FDR customer, be happy and fly happy. Just as you know things in this world that DJI doesn't know, they may know some things that you don't (and don't intend to share publicly).

If I were you, I'd cast this whole episode into the sea of forgetfulness. Just like a good remote mod, you've amplified this 2 into a 10.

I'm defending small businesses and paying customers everywhere from being attacked publicly, shamelessly and without regard to the consequences by DJI employees.

I haven't seen any evidence whatsoever that would justify what they have done to FDR and yet...

They continue to libel that small business for no reason I can see that makes any sense.

I won't sit idly by and watch a foreign company bully it's way around in arrogance, destroying people and companies due to the unchecked narcissism of its employees, if that is in fact the problem here.

I've never bought anything from FDR, I've never met the owner and I don't know anything about the rumors of complaints against him.

I do know there is a very nasty competitor who has denigrated him in the past and who is banned from all but 2 FB groups, one of which he has to sponsor to stay in, and it's possible DJI has been influenced by that competitor. I don't know. But it's completely unacceptable in America for public defamation to stand, especially from a larger company throwing its weight around.

That's why we have legal remedies available for that kind of bullying behavior in the U.S.

If I were DJI I would put a muzzle on their reps with strict instructions to cease and desist from defaming or libeling anyone in their public role or risk losing it.

I am a small business owner, too, and I understand the sentiment. HOWEVER not all small businesses are built the same. The DJI "employees" in this group don't want to promote FDR products in their group. I am not for public shaming either, and I have said as much, possibly even in a thread that called out FDR. But I've been on this earth long enough to know that it is often true that where there's smoke there's fire. FDR has received a lot of smoke.

I appreciate your attitude toward business owners, but you may want to hitch your star to a different wagon.

I am a small business owner, too, and I understand the sentiment. HOWEVER not all small businesses are built the same. The DJI "employees" in this group don't want to promote FDR products in their group. I am not for public shaming either, and I have said as much, possibly even in a thread that called out FDR. But I've been on this earth long enough to know that it is often true that where there's smoke there's fire. FDR has received a lot of smoke.

I appreciate your attitude toward business owners, but you may want to hitch your star to a different wagon.

I agree with the right not to have someone post a link you don't like in your FB group. In fact they only added their FB group rule against posting anything regarding 3rd party products after this incident, so it wasn't against any rule they had posted at the time.

And if it had ended there with a "Sorry rules prohibit posting anything regarding 3rd party products", that would have been the end of it. Their group, their rules. If they disallow discussion of yellow canoes because Frank Wang had a bad experience in one when he was growing up, no problem, that's their prerogative.

But that's not what happened.

The true reason this post was disallowed, as the comments by DJI staff shows is something else entirely.

To attack with such vile and vigor the character of a small business obviously had nothing to do with FB group rules. The accusations were specific and targeted, maliciously intended to do harm. The defense in the last few days has been that they didn't actually post FDR's company name.

But it was perfectly clear as the post linked to the FDR video (bearing the FDR logo), and they DID in subsequent postings in other forums that have now been edited by DJI staff to remove any trace of their specific naming FDR independently.

But remember: the group was public with 1,500 joined members, and the group was linked to from the GO app, so who knows how many people saw this defamation of FDR for sure. The threat of having me "added to the investigation" was never intended to be made public.

It's disgraceful and FDR is probably now a dead company as a result. Families are probably impacted and DJI just goes on defiantly, defending that behavior.

If they can do it to one small business, they can do it to you.

What's stopping them exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers