Threatened by DJI Employee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I need to get this out there in case something bad happens to me here. My wife is terrified, some acquaintances are considering legal action and/or preparing to the press.

DJI started their own FB group. They then started deleting conversations and threads and banning people for a myriad of reasons. Which is fine. That's their right. It's their FB group, after all.

Yesterday I decided to join to see what all the hubbub was about and decided I'd share a link to a cool YouTube teaser video for what looks like an after market antenna for the DJI Phantom 3 and Inspire.

The post was deleted in minutes, which I thought was odd, since it didn't denegrade DJI or anyone else, and I thought folks in the group with Phantom 3's and Inspire's might be interested to see it.

Thinking it was a mistake, I posted it again and again, within minutes it was deleted. This time, though, a DJI employee had posted comments publicly calling me a spammer and folks I knew "thieves". I was stunned. I then saw that employee post publicly asking one of the group's Admin's to ban me, since he was mobile.

A few minutes later a FB private message popped up for me from a DJI employee who started a conversation that went sideways pretty quickly. It ended with the DJI employee threatening to have me "investigated" if I "kept it up".

I asked him not to contact me again.

I'm posting this here so folks are aware of these frightening new DJI tactics of bullying and threatening customers and to caution about engaging them lest you too be put on their "investigation" list.

12181907_10153314369138074_114189967_n.jpg

Threat.png

Reactions: Mr.Spock
So, your wife is scared because someone called you a spammer? Very odd.

I've looked into the video teaser and you're right about what you think it is but it is more than that.

This company [also] mods the radios in ways which violate FCC Part 15 requirements.

Thus these mods are technically illegal and DJI may have begun to disassociate themselves from these vendors, products, services, etc.

Reactions: DAP-UAV
"Investigated", really? I'm sure if I went to my local PD and said someone posted a product recommendation several times to my FB page before I blocked them, that the PD would get right on the case immediately!

"Investigated", really? I'm sure if I went to my local PD and said someone posted a product recommendation several times to my FB page before I blocked them, that the PD would get right on the case immediately!

What does "investigated" mean, please explain?

I haven't received any further communication from DJI, so I assume their HQ approves of this behavior of bullying and threatening customers. Which is pretty ugly.

damoncooper, from looking at nothing but your screenshot above, it looks like it was you that was bullying Ken. It's hard to tell though since that's all we can see.

What does "investigated" mean, please explain?

Ummm.... you do realize I'm quoting you, right? So, you're the one in the best position to know what you meant when you said that. I am simply expressing amazement that a business would make a threat like being "investigated". It is similar to the overly dramatic language used by Nigerian scammers in their threatening emails.

Reactions: Gosling1
Ummm.... you do realize I'm quoting you, right? So, you're the one in the best position to know what you meant when you said that. I am simply expressing amazement that a business would make a threat like being "investigated". It is similar to the overly dramatic language used by Nigerian scammers in their threatening emails.

Yes, that's my point. I don't know what it means. A large Chinese organization's representative has threatened/promised to have me "investigated". What COULD that mean specifically?

I can tell you my wife is pretty freaked out.

A large Chinese organization's representative has threatened/promised to have me "investigated"
You told him "please do". Why would you provoke someone and then run around and tell everyone the sky is falling and you're being attacked? Something does not add up here.

You told him "please do". Why would you provoke someone and then run around and tell everyone the sky is falling and you're being attacked? Something does not add up here.

The sky is not falling.

DJI employees are threatening customers. You could be next.

What's your question?

damoncooper, from looking at nothing but your screenshot above, it looks like it was you that was bullying Ken. It's hard to tell though since that's all we can see.

Please elaborate. In what way do you think I was bullying DJI?

Last edited:
I am sure Ken was just pissed off and decided to say something provocative. I highly doubt DJI will be investigating you. Not sure what they would look for or what they would stand to gain.

All that said, I think DJI is not doing themselves any favors. They keep saying they're going to improve their customer service and then they go about deleting posts and alienating people.

I also don't like this idea that if you voice your concerns with DJI products / services, you get slammed. It's as if there is a two-tiered system: the DJI fan boys get rewarded with plenty of support while complainers get slammed, shunned and denied even if their concerns are legitimate.

So I need to get this out there in case something bad happens to me here. My wife is terrified, some acquaintances are considering legal action and/or preparing to the press.

DJI started their own FB group. They then started deleting conversations and threads and banning people for a myriad of reasons. Which is fine. That's their right. It's their FB group, after all.
Yesterday I decided to join to see what all the hubbub was about and decided I'd share a link to a cool YouTube teaser video for what looks like an after market antenna for the DJI Phantom 3 and Inspire.
The post was deleted in minutes, which I thought was odd, since it didn't denigrate DJI or anyone else, and I thought folks in the group with Phantom 3's and Inspire's might be interested to see it.
Thinking it was a mistake, I posted it again and again, within minutes it was deleted. This time, though, a DJI employee had posted comments publicly calling me a spammer and folks I knew "thieves". I was stunned. I then saw that employee post publicly asking one of the group's Admin's to ban me, since he was mobile.

A few minutes later a FB private message popped up for me from a DJI employee who started a conversation that went sideways pretty quickly. It ended with the DJI employee threatening to have me "investigated" if I "kept it up".
I'm posting this here so folks are aware of these frightening new DJI tactics of bullying and threatening customers and to caution about engaging them lest you too be put on their "investigation" list.
The sky is not falling.
DJI employees are threatening customers. You could be next.
You would have to ask Ken (that's Blade Strike) to find out what he meant by investigate. It's probably nothing at all.
You've over-reacted massively.
You posted an ad for a 3rd party product that DJI don't want on their site and then posted again after they deleted it.
They've assumed you are a spammer because what you did is similar to what spammers do.
They've probably had a lot of spamming going on and it annoys them.
Investigated in this context is likely to mean looking into your IP address to see if it matches with anyone else that's caused them trouble.
I find it very difficult to believe that either DJI or Blade Strike is threatening you or other customers but can easily accept that they are annoyed by what they assume is spamming of their site.
Calm down and sleep easy.

Yes, that's my point. I don't know what it means. A large Chinese organization's representative has threatened/promised to have me "investigated". What COULD that mean specifically?

I can tell you my wife is pretty freaked out.

I would be annoyed but not freaked out. Unless there's another aspect of this that you haven't mentioned (such as actual criminal threats made towards DJI, etc.), what could they do? Police would laugh at them. They want to make money and probably don't want to devote their entire legal team to investigating a Facebook squabble. If they actually did, then please let us know so we can short their stock since a company prone to doing anything that idiotic isn't going to last much longer. (Yeah I know.... I bet they're not publicly traded... I'm making a joke.)

The worst I could imagine is they might be successful in getting FB to shut down your account. But, from what I have observed, it takes many different people reporting a specific individual to FB before they get shut down. Or, they could black list you internally somehow, so that you're not able to get support if your Phantom crashes, or can't buy another one through them. That would seem like a dumb move though.

I would be annoyed but not freaked out. Unless there's another aspect of this that you haven't mentioned (such as actual criminal threats made towards DJI, etc.), what could they do? Police would laugh at them. They want to make money and probably don't want to devote their entire legal team to investigating a Facebook squabble. If they actually did, then please let us know so we can short their stock since a company prone to doing anything that idiotic isn't going to last much longer. (Yeah I know.... I bet they're not publicly traded... I'm making a joke.)

The worst I could imagine is they might be successful in getting FB to shut down your account. But, from what I have observed, it takes many different people reporting a specific individual to FB before they get shut down. Or, they could black list you internally somehow, so that you're not able to get support if your Phantom crashes, or can't buy another one through them. That would seem like a dumb move though.

Yeah, probably all true (except, NO, I did not threaten anyone). Tell that to my wife, though, who just watched the news about the Chinese and US spar publicly about the warship drive by yesterday in the South China Sea and then heard that a Chinese company had threatened to have me "investigated". Whatever "investigated" is, it's clearly not a warm plate of apple pie from a warm friendly neighbor...

The post was deleted in minutes, which I thought was odd, since it didn't denegrade DJI or anyone else, and I thought folks in the group with Phantom 3's and Inspire's might be interested to see it.

View attachment 34409

View attachment 34411

I think you will need to wear a tinfoil hat from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member