This hobby needs more women!

Word.

They already do, in a way. The p2 comes with pink orientation stickers, and you can get DJI 9443 rotors with pink prop tips.

So that's where I've been going wrong all these years.

Women are attracted to a product just because it is pink. :roll:

discv said:

...or not interested in it just because it's technical, looks like you're doing that one wrong too ;)

Yeah, good luck with that!

Seems like every hobby I'm into involves nothing but dudes.

I own an '81 DeLorean. We all joke that DeLorean's are "**** magnets" rather than "chick magnets". Only dudes care about them.

My wife jokes around with me. Says "You in your DeLorean with your Phantom is like walking around with a giant bottle of ****** repellent!".

discv said:

If that were true I'd be out working on a sunburn right now. :lol:

JaysDMC said:
Yeah, good luck with that!

Seems like every hobby I'm into involves nothing but dudes.

I own an '81 DeLorean. We all joke that DeLorean's are "**** magnets" rather than "chick magnets". Only dudes care about them.

My wife jokes around with me. Says "You in your DeLorean with your Phantom is like walking around with a giant bottle of ****** repellent!".

nothing freakin wrong with that! DeLorean! wooooohooo!

Why would women join after reading these knuckle dragger's comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look in the Rotapixel thread . Plenty of old women in there!!

Maybe if a few young ladies at a more impressionable age were shown the hobby with the same fervor as it is shown and introduced to young men, with an emphasis on how the playing field is gender equal (it doesn't matter what your physical attributes are once you don fpv goggles and pick up a radio) then perhaps that female competitive spirit will represent.

I spent summers belaying kids on a portable and indoor climbing wall years ago- I used to watch the boys and girls line up to take their turn... in line the boys were always flexing their verbal muscles (they didn't have any physiological ones yet) while the girls rolled their eyes. Basically, the girls were interested... little sisters and big sisters to the rambunctious brothers... but rolled their eyes at the bravado. I would casually fan the flames, but in an out of the box style- I raised a daughter... and I was on the girl's side. I would stand there and make comments about how girls had more strength per body mass (true) and basically had the tools to be far superior to boys in rock climbing skills- also because they used their minds. I also pointed out that the fairer of the sexes has historically and scientifically exhibited a higher tolerance for pain... and here I would stare hard into the young men's eyes nd say, "You do realize that to make it to the top, if you take the wrong path and don't think it through it could cause pain, right? Pain for having to come down without ringing the bell... or the pain of holding on while you try and reroute?"

Here the girls would begin studying the wall... watching who made it and who missed... following the path. I would chide the boys about speed while advising the girls about paths and placement... giving the same info to both genders outloud but in a manner that spoke to each gender's psyche... the fact is, more girls made it to the bell on average than boys because they approached it smarter.

This hobby is the same... introduce it properly, and girls will be all over it... but at the risk and certainty that many guys will be sitting in 2nd and 3rd places in competition. Women are fierce competitors when the field is level... make no mistake.

Is this the same as the I hope I meet a hot gamer girl online that drinks Mountain Dew syndrome?

As an older, retired woman, I found myself attracted to the incredible possibilities of the photography with the P2. I have had photography as a hobby forever. I have always craved an aerial view since my father flew Cessnas as a hobby and took me along when I was young. And, he was a terrific photographer processing first black and white photos in a dark room, followed by color as soon as it was available and I spent many hours watching his darkroom artistry. He would have loved the digital world in what it offers as well. My father's love for photography also influenced my brothers as well.

I have wanted to bring together my love for "seeing possibilities" through photography and the digital world and sharing this with others. I am especially interested in how the aerial views can help people understand their world around them and to have a better understanding of "their place". My interest in photography has been through the natural world and I am eager to put together some videos of place that focus on watersheds and what it means to be in that watershed,etc. I can't wait to learn how to fly along rivers and places where water and land meet. My first attempts I played it safe and flew very high to stay out of the trees,etc. I will do some more practice and drop down to tree tops when I feel a bit more secure in the IOSD Mini signal to monitor. I found some breakups on the monitor yesterday that I need to figure out.

I have appreciated this forum for helping me to fill in my knowledge of the technology, i.e. the Phantom, upgrades, GoPro, gimbal AND for the ideas on post production. I look forward to learning from the experiments that folks are doing and sharing so that others of us can move to the next step,too.

Again, what attracts folks to a hobby apparently is their love of and passion for the possibilities and being able to actualize it!

Meluk said:
4mins 38, not that I particularly noticed or anything ;)
4m 56s as well, girl in a bikini carrying a transmitter.
My girl is my co-pilot and watches me fly but isn't interested in flying one. She would much rather shop for shoes or bikinis.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31