This guy needs grounding - FAST !

noiseboy72 said:
The CAA rules are Draconian and stifling. 50m from a person or structure? You might as well make it 50km. 150m from a congested area (i.e. urban/city area)? That's great if you're content to film cow **** drying in the sun.

...and there lies the difference between the UK and USA!

There is plenty to film in the UK without straying into towns and cities. The law is to protect privacy and also people and property from damage and injury.

If you want to film in the city, you pay around $1500 to become a rated pilot. This proves you are safer to fly closer to people and are (hopefully) a more responsible pilot!

it doesn't matter how good a pilot you are really, if a quad copter goes tech it departs or falls or both. phantoms seem to go tech every 5 minutes it seems?. the phantoms all but fly themselves and anybody with sight should not in theory have any real problems in phantom mode.

Cow s*** is equally boring on both sides of the pond. And the CAA license is too expensive, too complicated and too restrictive. It's a Phantom, not a Predator!

But at least the UK has rules. I'm sure the FAA will have something equally oppressive when they finally get their act together. Until then, my Phantom is an aircraft! Yay!

ianwood said:
Cow **** is equally boring on both sides of the pond. And the CAA license is too expensive, too complicated and too restrictive. It's a Phantom, not a Predator!

But at least the UK has rules. I'm sure the FAA will have something equally oppressive when they finally get their act together. Until then, my Phantom is an aircraft! Yay!

I am gonna go out and find some cow pies, as we call them here, and find some that either look like the Virgin Mary,or Jesus, or something that would have you guys saying, "hey, nice ****!" my goal I do live in big cow country and the cowboys have been out the last couple of weeks bringing in the herds, so there are plenty of cow pies available.

btw, I have recently learned that Mcdonalds hamburgers are 20% cow pie.

Also bigfoot has been seen near where I live.!! Maybe I can find some bigfoot scat as we call it here. :)

Don't fly over my pies, cause if you do and you crash, you will not be using that bird again.

So quads do fly south in winter, who'd of thought.
That may look random, but hey

If that guy's P2V+ had a motor failure, falling into that football stadium and hitting a premier league player, his life and our hobby would be finished overnight.

edit: I'd still like to see the footage though :)

job2310 said:
For the sake of the hobby I think we should all condemn this kind of thing.

Why?

I saw nothing dangerous in his videos, he never flew over a crowd - always over a building, never aggressive and high enough to not identify people or compromise their privacy. What rules were violated?

SteveMann said:
job2310 said:

Why?

I saw nothing dangerous in his videos, he never flew over a crowd - always over a building, never aggressive and high enough to not identify people or compromise their privacy. What rules were violated?

Read the entire thread, your question has already been answered.

wattage said:
If that guy's P2V+ had a motor failure, falling into that football stadium and hitting a premier league player, his life and our hobby would be finished overnight.

edit: I'd still like to see the footage though :)

I would not fly like that unless it was permitted and I was getting paid. I'm not sure but did anyone ask if he was? Just asking lol

Buuuuuuut the real question is motor failure falling on head tomorrow morning they take my phantom?

Lol it irks my skin when I see this unoriginal thinking because some think its cool! But I think it's a very unoriginal and somewhat feeling like propaganda spewed by those that take the loudest message and carry it prior to understanding what it means lol.

#read

job2310 said:
SteveMann said:
job2310 said:

Why?

Read the entire thread, your question has already been answered.

Ok let's condemn someone because "YOU" lol hahaha tells us to
Ok trolls let's see who falls in line lol
OMG I hope you are adults and think for your selves

So quick to condemn due to lack of EDMUKATSION or maybe just testosterone IDK

Great footage but again if he did it legally or not tell me please how is that going to impact you tomorrow? :)

eckoner said:

Great footage but again if he did it legally or not tell me please how is that going to impact you tomorrow? :)
The guy you quoted was expressing his opinion, he used the words"I think..." clearly not 'telling us to' as you imply. That is one of the purposes of forums! If you take time to read the whole thread you will see why many posters think that it will 'impact you tomorrow' as you put it. That question has already been answered.

'I think' the rest of your post is childishly inappropriate to the issues raised and intelligently discussed leading on from the OP.

I've never belonged to a forum that uses the word "troll" so many times on so many threads.

It seems perfectly reasonable that people express there opinion, it also seems that if one doesn't agree then out it trots all to quickly.

Aren't we free spirits (smiley placed here) So many want to control, I wonder if that Chill Pill really does exist.

Sorry to be so Off Topic but it came to attention, again

Just to be on topic for a moment, I'm sure he never thought for a moment he did anything wrong (why put it up if he did) but he didn't obviously know about the hobbyist that actually cares and sees that he is dangerous.
It's not a case of dumb is what dumb does more a case of failure to grasp the moment and we all do that.

I saw a few of the videos shot over the stadiums. I saw nothing wrong with what he did. As he was flying near 200 feet, that means people on the ground can not see it and certainly can not hear it.
The overhead shot of Wembley stadium was awesome. Not once did he get below the roof line. And there was no one home except for what appeared to be a small group of people rehearsing something.
Why is Big Ben such a protected item from being captured on film?
I kind of like the view from the top of the amusement ride. With a shot of the riders just sitting there.
Why is flying over a crowd of people such a big deal?

In the USA, the NFL used to have a blimp hover above the stadiums and get live coverage of the games.
If that is legal, then why is it illegal for a toy helicopter to do?

Suwaneeguy said:
I saw a few of the videos shot over the stadiums. I saw nothing wrong with what he did. As he was flying near 200 feet, that means people on the ground can not see it and certainly can not hear it.
The overhead shot of Wembley stadium was awesome. Not once did he get below the roof line. And there was no one home except for what appeared to be a small group of people rehearsing something.
Why is Big Ben such a protected item from being captured on film?
I kind of like the view from the top of the amusement ride. With a shot of the riders just sitting there.
Why is flying over a crowd of people such a big deal?

In the USA, the NFL used to have a blimp hover above the stadiums and get live coverage of the games.
If that is legal, then why is it illegal for a toy helicopter to do?

Ok, I'll bite.

Seeing as it's equipped with a camera that is recording, rather than live only for FPV, it's a Small Unmanned Surveillance Aircraft as defined by the Civil Aviation Authority.

First thing is first, the Air Navigation Order 2009 states that:
The person in charge of a SUSA must
have permission from the CAA to fly —
(a) over or within 150 metres of any
congested area;
(b) over or within 150 metres of an
organised open-air assembly of
more than 1,000 persons;
(c) within 50 metres of any vessel,
vehicle or structure which is not
under the control of the person in
charge of the aircraft; or
(d) except when taking off and landing
(see below), within 50 metres of
any person.
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/InformationNotice2014081.pdf

That covers the vast majority of it. 200ft is only 60m, so it is more than possible it went within 50m at points (assuming we are talking about only vertical distance, ignoring the fact the horizontal distance is much shorter at points).

London, especially around Parliament ("Big Ben" is only the clock tower), is very much a congested area (apart from that area being home to the British Parliament, the Ministry of Defence, The Prime Ministers main residence and more), and also happens to form part of the the Hyde Park Restriction Zone (EG R157).

+1. As well as braking the law in nearly all the videos it is dangerous flying over city streets, buzzing with people and vehicles. Anyone who says it is not dangerous is very naive IMO.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

IrishSights said:
+1. As well as braking the law in nearly all the videos it is dangerous flying over city streets, buzzing with people and vehicles. Anyone who says it is not dangerous is very naive IMO.

"I think" you're right. :)

job2310 said:
IrishSights said:

"I think" you're right. :)

Well if we take that stance then the only way to safely fly is to do it over water (tell the surfers to get out of the way) or farmland? (Tell the cows to get out of the way) lol
I must be missing something here?

IrishSights said:
eckoner said:

The guy you quoted was expressing his opinion, he used the words"I think..." clearly not 'telling us to' as you imply. That is one of the purposes of forums! If you take time to read the whole thread you will see why many posters think that it will 'impact you tomorrow' as you put it. That question has already been answered.

'I think' the rest of your post is childishly inappropriate to the issues raised and intelligently discussed leading on from the OP.

My point is some you guys and your always negative tone trying to police people and doing it in the most demeaning, childish, condescending, uneducated, mean spirited way possible.

You guys have entire threads with multiple pages simply discussing how much of an idiot a person is because of flying in a way that some of you "Officials/Authorities" deem not safe.

Thats pretty pathetic but in a funny way dont ya think :)

Spend that time being positive and this place would be lots more fun and productive. Thats all im saying.

IrishSights said:

If done properly, it is not dangerous.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31