This dog killed my P4P in 3 seconds.

My German Shepherd watches my Phantom fly with great interest. But that’s about it. She doesn’t chase it, but just seems annoyed with all the prop noise that it disturbed her nap.

But, I hand catch 100% anyway to avoid any surprises.

I also have a Shepherd and she seems to share your dog’s opinion. The only thing that really gets a rise out of her is startup noise, she goes and sniffs twice and lays back down.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Wow, this forum can be so aggressive. Guys, can I spell drone another way for you, please? I.t.'s.a.b.o.u.t.h.a.v.i.n.g.f.u.n

Reactions: sgf and DR.B
John, tell me about your insurance. If you don’t mind.

I have found that those ultrasonic sensors drive animals crazy! Usually when there are pets nearby I turn mine off. Don’t know if it makes a difference or not, but it is funny to watch how the animals react when the drones are around. I almost always hand catch too. Never invested in a landing pad, and the places I have to fly around are anything but level. Hand LAUNCHING is a bit of a challenge with a P4.

The question here is, why wasn't the dog on a leash?
I don’t know if using a leash is such a good idea. I mean, drones can unexpectedly fly away at times, right?

Attachments

• 8A101FEA-7D98-40FC-92E3-AEABA06FF0A5.jpeg
    8A101FEA-7D98-40FC-92E3-AEABA06FF0A5.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 157
I also have a Shepherd and she seems to share your dog’s opinion. The only thing that really gets a rise out of her is startup noise, she goes and sniffs twice and lays back down.
I can understand dogs wanting to chase drones. To the dogs, this is what they see when they are looking at drones!

Attachments

• 5BADB0B3-B714-4B9D-AE14-9077A8291595.jpeg
    5BADB0B3-B714-4B9D-AE14-9077A8291595.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 162
Ultrasonic sound ? mmmmmm don't know about that. I used to be sure that the Ultrasound plug in jobbies kept mice etc. at bay ... till I saw a mouse walk right past one and not give a hoot !

Be interesting to know the frequency of the Ultra on the Phantom and what a dog can actually hear.

As to 'aggressive' ... go over to RC Groups and see how 'agressive' can really look sometimes !

Ultrasonic sound ? mmmmmm don't know about that. I used to be sure that the Ultrasound plug in jobbies kept mice etc. at bay ... till I saw a mouse walk right past one and not give a hoot !

Be interesting to know the frequency of the Ultra on the Phantom and what a dog can actually hear.

As to 'aggressive' ... go over to RC Groups and see how 'agressive' can really look sometimes !
Maybe it was a deaf mouse.

Reactions: Gregg Kielma
Read this to the tune of the (also demonic nursery rhyme) Three Blind Mice.

Jerry the deaf mouse. He lived in a house.
So did Tom the cat. A sneaky cat.
The mouse scared the homeowners wife!
So Tom caught the mouse and chopped it up with a carving knife,
It was really sad but the mouse had it coming all right.

Jerry the dead mouse.

Reactions: Ansia

Despite advertising hype ... there are test reports online that debunk them ... especially the ones that reckon they do flies, mosquito's, mice, rats ... in fact all the peskies !!

Despite advertising hype ... there are test reports online that debunk them ... especially the ones that reckon they do flies, mosquito's, mice, rats ... in fact all the peskies !!
I know. My grandparents had them and mice would still hang around. Got a cat, problem solved.

I know. My grandparents had them and mice would still hang around. Got a cat, problem solved.

I ended up setting traps and found that best baits were : Dark Chocolate or raw meat fat ....

Cheese was not good at all .... unless 'ripe' !!

If you have rats in a garage / barn ... then I learnt from farmers that Peanut Butter is THE bait !!

Reactions: Ansia
I am under the impression the the obstacle sensors on my P4P v2 utilize infrared technology. I fly right next to my dog and he has no reaction at all.

I ended up setting traps and found that best baits were : Dark Chocolate or raw meat fat ....

Cheese was not good at all .... unless 'ripe' !!

If you have rats in a garage / barn ... then I learnt from farmers that Peanut Butter is THE bait !!
I like cats, so it's a great excuse to get one. Plus, they don't eat my drone.

Reactions: White Shadow
Although I am not a pet owner (allergies), I am a bit of a techie. So I decided to research the question of if a dog can hear ultrasonic sounds. All the sties I checked out said yes. In fact, some of the sites even went on to say that strong ultrasonic sensors that can detect motion from several meters away can actually damage a dogs hearing!

This was one of the more reputable sites I found. Interesting read. I will be more mindful of our furry friends from now on whenever I fly.

Can Dogs Hear Ultrasonic Sound? - Wag!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues