Third flight, amazing panoramic image

Reaction score
Loving my new P3P so far and decided to take it over to Blithfield Reservoir in Staffordshire, UK and take a few pictures to combine into a panoramic and I love how it turned out.

cFJvQqm.jpg

Very nice! What did you merge with? Did you shoot DNG? Try HDR originals and see if you get more dynamic range between sky and ground

Very nice! What did you merge with? Did you shoot DNG? Try HDR originals and see if you get more dynamic range between sky and ground

Thanks, I used Photoshop's photomerge feature to merge the images together, shot in DNG with some editing of each one afterwards. Will definitely try out HDR next time and see what difference it makes.

This is my first quad and first time I've done any sort of photography / videography and still learning how to do things so thanks for the tip!

Those reflections in the water are great. Good job.

A superb pic !! - Glad your enjoying the P3P , awaiting mine :) - Is that you sat in the rowing boat?

Is there any other software that makes panoramics out of pictures that is cheaper, for Mac?

How many photos made up the image? Also how wide is the view - 180 degrees for example? Did you have to flatten the images, even though the P3 doesn't really have much of a fisheye? Is the photomerge feature from the latest version of photoshop?

Loving my new P3P so far and decided to take it over to Blithfield Reservoir in Staffordshire, UK and take a few pictures to combine into a panoramic and I love how it turned out.

cFJvQqm.jpg
Wow, beautiful pic.

A superb pic !! - Glad your enjoying the P3P , awaiting mine :) - Is that you sat in the rowing boat?

Thanks and no thats not me in the rowing boat, i was sitting on the shore below wasn't quite brave enough to take it out over the water at that point so kept it fairly close to the shore.

How many photos made up the image? Also how wide is the view - 180 degrees for example? Did you have to flatten the images, even though the P3 doesn't really have much of a fisheye? Is the photomerge feature from the latest version of photoshop?

I used 5 photos to create the image and didn't need to do any flattening or lens correction as the P3P does not have any sort of fisheye effect and I used Photoshop CS6 to do the photomerge using the automatic setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.