Thinking to buy Phantom 2 Vision+

ResevorDG said:
It does not come with a monitor, just a video transmitter and receiver.
That other kit has the video receiver built into the 7 inch monitor.

So not only would you have to buy more stuff from this vendor but the monitor separate from the receiver is just more components to deal with and more batteries to charge.

Look closer at the quote, it does included a 7" monitor "7" LCD screen ( HCL/View Sonick/LG,Samsung)

However, as you mentioned, he will have to juggle more batteries as I don't see the listing have power for the receiver and LCD monitor.

If you don't mind doing a little DIY installation after purchasing your Phantom, do this for your FPV setup:

Boscam RX-LCD5802 ($169.99 off ebay with built in battery and two receiver antennas)
ImmersionRC 600mw transmitter ($69.99 off hobby king)
ImmersionRC spironet antennas (buy the pair at hobby king for $39.99) use one for your receiver on the lcd and the other for the transmitter attached to your phantom
ImmersionRC patch antenna ($69 at hobby king) use this for the other antenna slot on the lcd monitor

Total FPV cost: About $348 plus shipping at hobby king

Note that you need the same connector types to match the Boscam (typically SMA)

soamz said:
Yes!

But Im okay with GoPro Hero3 Black+ even, sadly Phantom is not making a 100% product yet. Because, I really need to have guts to let my 5D Mark3 flying without mtg support, lol.

If the camera in Vision+ is not close to Black+, then the release is a big fail :(

It's a very close call

Here's my breakdown

The vision is better for stills you can shoot raw with the vision so you have more color depth and exposure to work with.
There are fewer chromatic aberrations on the vision versus the gopro.

The vision is limited on bit rate for video so the hero is better there. The hero also does 4k video and great slow mo. so the hero wins there again

They both have very small chips that limit their ability to make a clean image so both are losers there.

From what I can tell their are minor tweets with the vision + but only minor ones. ISO is selectable to at least 800 and higher with auto but I don't know if the low light quality is better. I suspect it's not. I think the bit rate for video is higher on the + but I am not sure.

The vision camera is not good in low light. I don't know how the gopro compares in low light.

If your not up against a time crunch, wait a bit and check out the footage and images that will coming from the + when people start using it in the wild.

The vision camera gets knocked a bit by the users because many of us use full frame dslr cameras on the ground but it is a good camera, depending on the job it can be better than a gopro, or not as good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers