Things have changed. I use to fly here.

Reaction score
Not any big problem. I just think it's an interesting note that I can't fly where I have flown so many times before. I have taken lots of videos from my in-laws house before and after hurricane Michael. I wanted to fly and see if there has been much change. I was about one city block outside the no fly zone. As you can see I am well within the NFZ of Tyndall Airforce base. Just curious why the change? It said that laanc will be coming soon, for now I'm grounded. If it did allow me to fly, I could only go 100ft. AGL. Those F 22 do fly low and are loud. I know I would have a problem with a few obstacles at that altitude. I have been wanting to post the before and after pictures from the damage from hurricane Michael. I might get into trouble now. I flew 300ft AGL back then.
Screenshot_20210209-135032_AirMap.jpg

Not any big problem. I just think it's an interesting note that I can't fly where I have flown so many times before. I have taken lots of videos from my in-laws house before and after hurricane Michael. I wanted to fly and see if there has been much change. I was about one city block outside the no fly zone. As you can see I am well within the NFZ of Tyndall Airforce base. Just curious why the change? It said that laanc will be coming soon, for now I'm grounded. If it did allow me to fly, I could only go 100ft. AGL. Those F 22 do fly low and are loud. I know I would have a problem with a few obstacles at that altitude. I have been wanting to post the before and after pictures from the damage from hurricane Michael. I might get into trouble now. I flew 300ft AGL back then. View attachment 121430
I'll be your lawyer ,you be ok,:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Squirrel! and MTO
Not any big problem. I just think it's an interesting note that I can't fly where I have flown so many times before. I have taken lots of videos from my in-laws house before and after hurricane Michael. I wanted to fly and see if there has been much change. I was about one city block outside the no fly zone. As you can see I am well within the NFZ of Tyndall Airforce base. Just curious why the change? It said that laanc will be coming soon, for now I'm grounded. If it did allow me to fly, I could only go 100ft. AGL. Those F 22 do fly low and are loud. I know I would have a problem with a few obstacles at that altitude. I have been wanting to post the before and after pictures from the damage from hurricane Michael. I might get into trouble now. I flew 300ft AGL back then. View attachment 121430
Micheal was in Oct 2018 if I am not mistaken. That was a couple of months before the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018. The UAS Facilities Map (on ArcGIS site) came into existence shortly after that and is the source for the LAANC system. LAANC has not been put into operation at every site in the UAS Facilities Map. You can make a request for clearance via the FAA DroneZone site.

You should have no issue posting your videos. Unless you were flying during the TFR put in place during the emergency.

Reactions: engineer_girl
Micheal was in Oct 2018 if I am not mistaken. That was a couple of months before the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018. The UAS Facilities Map (on ArcGIS site) came into existence shortly after that and is the source for the LAANC system. LAANC has not been put into operation at every site in the UAS Facilities Map. You can make a request for clearance via the FAA DroneZone site.

You should have no issue posting your videos. Unless you were flying during the TFR put in place during the emergency.
You hit the nail on the head. I always check and I flew 6 months after Michael and all was well. Back in February 2020 it was ok. Because of covid virus we haven't been back in a year. I visit here 3 to 4 times a year usually. Of course I checked this time and it was a no go. If I was to fly, I would only be allowed 100 ft AGL. Before it was 400 ft. AGL.
All is fine, I have been surf fishing with my drone on Panama City Beach. I thought things were going be cold and iffy, but it has been warmer then first forecasted. Upper 60's to 70 deg. F. Is fine for this snowbird. Panama City Beach drops deep quickly after about 500 to 800 ft. People catch bonito and dauphin at that distance. Last year a man caught a sailfish just before I got to the beach. Just not the best month to fish as far as fishing goes. I took some diy drone dropping hints from Ianzone.

Erroneous NFZ's is the sole reason for hacking my drones.

D

Reactions: MTO and WV. Rootman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik