THERE IS NO IOS OR Android APP!

snowghost, from the DJI website:

The current Android app works on both the Phantom and the Inspire.

The current iOS app (1.0.3) does NOT recognize the Phantom 3; it's Inspire only.

Believe me, I have a Phantom 3. This is the case.

You are right, I tried to use it :( Well on the bright side, I ordered an iPad Mini 2 that will be a much better screen than my iPhone 5s. And I'm glad to still have my P2 in the interim.

Last edited:
I didn't read through this thread but just wanted to say that I took delivery of my P3 on 4/29 and was able to fly it that day with the android app. I then downloaded the new apk from DJIs website yesterday morning and it has even more options. I'm thoroughly enjoying the P3 thus far.

I know iOS isn't out yet but if it's killing you Best Buy currently has a Motorola phone running 4.4 for $30. It isn't the fastest phone by far but is confirmed to work fine. Link below and apologies if this has been stated already.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/verizon...lack/3041063.p?id=1219086346405&skuId=3041063

Just had a great first flight with my P3P on my Nexus 7 2013 using the app from the play store. The feed wasn't always buttery smooth but it was quite good for the most part. Seems to be working all well! From reading threads I was worried the device wouldn't perform well but it was just fine in my opinion..

If Apple won't show greenlight soon it is obvious there's a Phantom user working in Apple who is requesting more and more cool features ;)

:D I like your thinking. I am happy to wait if it means it comes out bug free. Seems there are a few problems with the android version at the moment. Sure they will get updated and sorted of course.

Just of guys on here, think i have heard about FPV view lost after changing camera settings and someone else saying there camera buttons blanked out or something during flight. Cant fully rmbr exact detail as i didnt take to much notice. Any problems at this stage will get ironed out very quickly, and of course some of these problems will be people who are using a tablet that simply isn't good enough for the job.

Last edited:
Just of guys on here, think i have heard about FPV view lost after changing camera settings and someone else saying there camera buttons blanked out or something during flight. Cant fully rmbr exact detail as i didnt take to much notice. Any problems at this stage will get ironed out very quickly, and of course some of these problems will be people who are using a tablet that simply isn't good enough for the job.

I've had ~12 flights, no issues at all. Android app is working flawlessly.

Noooooo, i wasnt trying to start a Android IOS war. If you read my comment i do state any problems some are having at the moment will probably be because the tab is not fast enough.. I use both ios and android devices and have no problems with either.

What tab are you using out of intrest, shield.
I picked up a shield. Gotta say it's really nice. No noticible lag like someone else on here mentioned and the app is buttery smooth.

Yea i would only use a shield or mini 2. Watched loads of reviews on youtube over this past few weeks on the inspire and they all say only them 2 tabs are the best ones worth using.

Yea i would only use a shield or mini 2. Watched loads of reviews on youtube over this past few weeks on the inspire and they all say only them 2 tabs are the best ones worth using.
The android app is pretty solid, I haven't experienced an issue yet..

I'm torn. I'm an iOS guy and have a wifi Mini 2.
P3P will be here Tuesday but I'm seriously considering buying a Shield Tablet today. It doesn't feel like the iOS app will be ready by then. I may also buy the cheap Android phone noted but really it wouldn't be the best flying experience. All indications lead me to believe iOS is the better performing platform with the Shield a close 2nd.

I'm torn. I'm an iOS guy and have a wifi Mini 2.
P3P will be here Tuesday but I'm seriously considering buying a Shield Tablet today. It doesn't feel like the iOS app will be ready by then. I may also buy the cheap Android phone noted but really it wouldn't be the best flying experience. All indications lead me to believe iOS is the better performing platform with the Shield a close 2nd.

If you're just wanting to get in the air get the cheap phone, the Shield 2 will come out around July and might end up beating everything, so wait until then to make a comparative purchase.

Users have said that Moto phone works fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z