THERE IS NO IOS OR Android APP!

I was considering the $30 Moto G phone noted but read here the FPV live stream to it was really bad and that it is really too small to use. That combination made the posters flying experience pretty bad. I'd either wait for the iOS app or pony up for an Nvidia Shield Tablet.

I would hate my first experience with the P3 to be anything less than optimal and frustrating. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the info... I guess I'll wait for the IOS Pilot App... just takes so long -- frustrating, since it is such a nice day today : (

Is it true you can still fly even without an app?

If so I don't know if I would wanna risk it

How did your Nexus handle the video feed? Any stuttering or chop? And how is it in sunlight please? Thanks
I thought it handled it well. I need to try it some more because this was only one flight. We had a cloudy day so sunlight wasn't that big of an issue. Just like any tablet or phone sunlight will be an issue.

Is it true you can still fly even without an app?

If so I don't know if I would wanna risk it
No you can't. You have to activate it with the app. This kind of pissed me off because I got it all setup at home and them went out to fly and then it said it had to be activated. I went through the activation process and then it said cannot connect to wifi. I then had to go back home to activate it. I'm glad I didn't go to far from home.

I am Agree with you FREND , i got tired of wait and last night i went to bestbuy to get samsug galazy 5 and work more than perfect with DJI pilot app, my ipad gonna stay inside of my desk for a while

No you can't. You have to activate it with the app. This kind of pissed me off because I got it all setup at home and them went out to fly and then it said it had to be activated. I went through the activation process and then it said cannot connect to wifi. I then had to go back home to activate it. I'm glad I didn't go to far from home.

to get connect in a andriod galacy 5
  1. Go to the menu
  2. Launch Settings
  3. Access the “About Device” menu
  4. Go down to “Build Number”
  5. Then tap on the build number 7 times
  6. After the 7th tap you will be told that you are now a developer
  7. Now when you go back to the settings menu, the developer options will now be enabled and you can do whatever you want in there.
  8. Now to enable USB debugging you will need to open Developer options and tick the box that says USB debugging.

Phantom 3 professional and Android

P3 owner here; didn't want to wait for IOS app; bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4; downloaded app program from the website today; (not the Google Play store); at:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
be sure it's version 1.1; I found 1.0.10 crashes a lot and is unstable.
need to "activate USB debugger"; google how to do that; ignore scary comments about how this may damage your tablet and after all that I had a good flight this afternoon!!

got mine this morning, loaded the app from DJI site to my galaxy tab 8.1 and my Note 4, activated the app and bird, flew like a champ not a single problem.

Works great on my nexus 7 original and my S5. Unless you already own an ipad I don't see why people are running out to buy new iPads.

The DJI Pilot App on Android will prompt you to activate the USB debugging feature and take you straight to the setting -- no need to Google it.

I wouldn't categorize the Moto G as "really bad" for the livestream. It gets jerky at times with rapid movements, but it's great for monitoring the flight, setting up shots, etc. Is the tiny screen a great FPV experience? Nope. But at $30/40 instead of $170 if you're just looking for a stopgap to hold you off for one week, it makes sense for some of us.

Haven't tried it yet, but I imagine the performance will get even better if you turn off local recording on the phone.

I just chatted with DJI support as I will be getting my P3 pro on Wednesday and only have iOS devices. They say the iOS app will be released in the next 2 - 3 days.... Fingers crossed!

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-4_13-48-36.png
    upload_2015-5-4_13-48-36.png
    29 KB · Views: 420
I just chatted with DJI support as I will be getting my P3 pro on Wednesday and only have iOS devices. They say the iOS app will be released in the next 2 - 3 days.... Fingers crossed!

They've been saying this or "within the week" since last Tuesday.

They told me that 2 or 3 days ago.

To be fair i asked them last week and they said to me in the next few weeks. So fingers crossed a few days is looking better now.

I'm sure this has been discussed (I may have missed it) but the product rep from DJI who's interviewed in the flight test video on YouTube today mentions that both apps (Android & iOS) should be available by the time the clip airs. I guess he's misinformed?

Anyone tried flying without a tablet while we are stuck waiting for the iOS app to drop? I read somewhere that you can toggle the flight mode switch to get it into compass calibration mode - once that is done you should be able to fly?
I may give it a go when i get home this afternoon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20