THERE IS NO IOS OR Android APP!

I'm torn. I'm an iOS guy and have a wifi Mini 2.
P3P will be here Tuesday but I'm seriously considering buying a Shield Tablet today. It doesn't feel like the iOS app will be ready by then. I may also buy the cheap Android phone noted but really it wouldn't be the best flying experience. All indications lead me to believe iOS is the better performing platform with the Shield a close 2nd.

I hate giving timelines but I would say the ios app will be released sometime next week. The ios devices seem to run the pilot app the best.

Are you using the one on Google Play?

The apk off of dji site. I have yet to see if the play store as the updated official app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-02-09-49-11.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-02-09-49-11.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 380
Reactions: Buzz313th
Its a third party app that gives more options than Pilot. Look it up on the app store. Known as the Ultimate DJI Phantom Flight App.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its a third party app that gives more options than Pilot. Look it up on the app store. Known as the Ultimate DJI Phantom Flight App.

That's for the P2V/V+.......

Yes, but they are updating for the Phantom 3.....hence my question. My P3 has not arrived yet, so I was wondering if it was working yet as they have updated the app twice since April 8th.

Yes, but they are updating for the Phantom 3.....hence my question. My P3 has not arrived yet, so I was wondering if it was working yet as they have updated the app twice since April 8th.

No

This is poor over all professional deal from DJI to supply full packet to make software and drone work.!! Shame on them!!

If you agreed post pls.

I finally got everything up and running using the Nexus 7. I now know why I hate Android software. Anyway, It worked great. It was a blast using a bigger screen than my iPhone 6. I wish I could order more batteries. This is way better than my PV2.

I just had the opportunity to use the Pilot app for my first flight with the P3 today. Let me just say... worth the price of admission! This is a GREAT looking app. I think it will take me a month just to go through all of the settings. Then it keeps a log of each flight along with a map, stats and thumbnail photos from that flight.

Just really good looking!

I finally got everything up and running using the Nexus 7. I now know why I hate Android software. Anyway, It worked great. It was a blast using a bigger screen than my iPhone 6. I wish I could order more batteries. This is way better than my PV2.

How did your Nexus handle the video feed? Any stuttering or chop? And how is it in sunlight please? Thanks

Just had a great first flight with my P3P on my Nexus 7 2013 using the app from the play store. The feed wasn't always buttery smooth but it was quite good for the most part. Seems to be working all well! From reading threads I was worried the device wouldn't perform well but it was just fine in my opinion..

Dont use the one from the play store, I did that too . use the version 1.1.0 download from dji's website. just google with the version it pops up

snowghost, from the DJI website:

The current Android app works on both the Phantom and the Inspire.

The current iOS app (1.0.3) does NOT recognize the Phantom 3; it's Inspire only.

Believe me, I have a Phantom 3. This is the case.

I took delivery of a P3A last April 30th and waiting for the IOS Pilot App but I'm seriously considering getting the $30 cell phone just to fly this Sunday. I'm a complete NewBee. Does the Android Pilot App from DJI's download site contain a simulator? Thanks

I took delivery of a P3A last April 30th and waiting for the IOS Pilot App but I'm seriously considering getting the $30 cell phone just to fly this Sunday. I'm a complete NewBee. Does the Android Pilot App from DJI's download site contain a simulator? Thanks
No simulator for android yet.

Reactions: Phantom_Novi_MI

I was considering the $30 Moto G phone noted but read here the FPV live stream to it was really bad and that it is really too small to use. That combination made the posters flying experience pretty bad. I'd either wait for the iOS app or pony up for an Nvidia Shield Tablet.

I would hate my first experience with the P3 to be anything less than optimal and frustrating. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Phantom_Novi_MI

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT