The Ultimate FC40 FPV Mod (Update 1780m=5840ft +)

Sorry that I am late to this discussion. I am about to attempt this hack, and I need some instructions. Are any posted? My second question is how do I attach my Gopro to the hack?

Thanks.
IBell

What are you using to power the sunhans? :?:

btw just got my gopro hero3+ silver and **** its so tiny lol!!
Just waiting for parts for my tp link mod

Hello all,

I just got my FC40 last week, and already know I would love to mod a few things. What I see here with the AR Drone is impressive, but I wanted to make sure I understood what I am getting myself into before going this route..
1) by adding the ar drone board, the new FPS shows the OSD on the left and the arrow in the middle, so if I want my videos do I need to add the FC40 cam, and if so can I still use my phone to initiate the recording, to avoid those 3 minute videos
2) Considering we are only talking about a mile or less travel, and still limited by the battery, I don't care much for gps mapping as I will have FPV . Is that less materials?

To keep it simple, my end goal for my phantom is
-to be able to go 750+ meters FPV connection (with hopefully less lag)
- whatever route to get my battery life up to 21+ minutes flight time
- lots of threads and items on amazon for new props, which are the best to use in terms of flight time ? (assuming 9" carbon fiber with the tightening nut integrated?)
- Does a gimbal make for much better videos? How the heck do people control them efficiently in the first place?

Sorry for posting questions that are probably already answered elsewhere, but to be honest there are so many videos and forum discussions about mods that lack actual proof and explanation, I would appreciate getting the opinion from someone who has taken the time to do it right. When I saw the scale I knew I came to the right place.

I have been interested in your fpv ar 2.0 component real time telemetry mod. Could I purchase these two components new from Amazon and use them as well? What connections need to be made between the phantom and components? Will the mod work in a limited sense without the booster mod that you added? When you used the auxiliary cable to connect to the phantom where did you connect? I would greatly appreciate any info you could give me to be able to make this mod. Thank you very much.

I have done this mode, yes you can buy all components new but it will be expensive, it is cheaper to buy broken ar drone on ebay for around 80-100$ and took out motherboard, cameras navboard, and sensors. Then sell the rest. Then you can buy navistick on ebay for around $20. You just need to provide power to the ar drone motherboard. Thats it! The wifi range is much shorter than fc40 camera.

I will be selling my extender setup: tplink n703 router with openwrt firmware , alfa panel antenna. Sunhaus 2w wifi booster with 7dbi antenna. usb power adapters so booster and router can be run from usb 12000mah usb battery

I have a mod that I build with gps tracker. I also have a couple flyable ar drones I don't need anymore.

Here is the mod I built per instructions here

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22147

Are you selling the AR drones? if yes how much, also do you have any extra parts? im looking for battery, charger and front camera with ribbon cable.

peterek said:
Are you selling the AR drones? if yes how much, also do you have any extra parts? im looking for battery, charger and front camera with ribbon cable.

No, sorry I do not have any extra batteries or cameras. good luck

peterek said:
I will be selling my extender setup: tplink n703 router with openwrt firmware , alfa panel antenna. Sunhaus 2w wifi booster with 7dbi antenna. usb power adapters so booster and router can be run from usb 12000mah usb battery

How much you selling for?

Wedeliver said:
peterek said:

No, sorry I do not have any extra batteries or cameras. good luck

Hi Wedeliver, I was wandering if you could help me undo the Chinese within my TPLink 703N, I have tried everything, I guess I just don't know what I'm doing, can you help?

Zaxmarki - $100 for everything, tplink, panel antenna, 2watt buster and custom usb to 2.5mm power cable for booster.it is brand new in boxes, tplink has external antenna connector installed

Picture:

IMAGE_360.jpg

Good morning
How people is owners phantom fc40 with osd?
Can someone help me what you need and how to do it?

peterek said:
I have done this mode, yes you can buy all components new but it will be expensive, it is cheaper to buy broken ar drone on ebay for around 80-100$ and took out motherboard, cameras navboard, and sensors. Then sell the rest. Then you can buy navistick on ebay for around $20. You just need to provide power to the ar drone motherboard. Thats it! The wifi range is much shorter than fc40 camera.

I think this mod may be catching on with the Phantom people because the prices of even a broken AR-2 seem to be rising on Ebay. They are few and far between and hard to catch.

i have bought few ar drones just for the motherboard and they were between $70-120 for broken ones,but the mod is mich better if you add external antenna to ar drone motherboard and then a wifi extender, i even tried it on android phone with ardrone pilot pro app and google cardboard for imersive fpv!

IIVII, I so want to do this mod and have been checking out Ebay for a bit already without any luck.
Question - I should be able to purchase the AR Drone 2.0 Navigation board and bottom structure which also brings the camera to get the same parts, correct?
Would I be missing any parts if I went this route?

_darkcom

Darkcom, I did this mod. You need mainboard, navboard with attitude sensors, bottom camera, front famera

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z