What is your favorite mod that you have done? Which u would recommend for others

To my P2 I have done the 5db GPS antenna mod, GPS foil mod, modified the shape of the port landing gear so it is never in camera shot, painted shell and coloured props and done the yaw mod. Also added a 11v connector to the outside of the shell so I can plug in a headlight.

Reactions: dirkclod
To my P2 I have done the 5db GPS antenna mod, GPS foil mod, modified the shape of the port landing gear so it is never in camera shot, painted shell and coloured props and done the yaw mod. Also added a 11v connector to the outside of the shell so I can plug in a headlight.

The GPS foil is NOT a mod. It is a fix :)
And how many sats you picking up with the 5db and foil mod combo?

I've been getting 14 max with the Toaglass 4mm and foil 'fix' combo.

Mod ..Fix what ever ya want ta call it ..it works :p
Really didn't have any issues but seen it being done and was in the bird so I tried it just to see what it could do . Did the 4mm on the puck but with mine they went down so I changed it back . This is the best I have seen and 13 to 14 is norm where I'm at :)
15 sats.PNG

I really don't have to have a issue to try these things but do just to see what can happen if ya do !
Was getting enough to start with so it wasn't broken so not a fix but a mod bro ;):cool:
moe.jpg

Reactions: mad in nc
I started with a P2V, totally hosed up in the software upgrade debacle (unit was bricked) - returned it and went P2V+, V3...

Since I received it's been mod'd/ fixed with:
- 4mm GPS antenna upgrade
- GPS female plug change
- Changed motor wires to 18ga stranded
- CF camera/ gimbal guard
- Gimbal guard

also have the DBS Itelite upgraded antenna sitting on my desk yet to mod....

h83CC9A8C_zpslrxhjznr.jpg

You can call it what you like. If it is a change to stock it is arguably a modification.
I am getting very close to the max satellites suggested by http://www.uavforecast.com/ which varies like hell depending on conditions. At this moment where I am it is suggesting 7.7 out of a possible 8. I think the max I have seen possible on there is about 12, and I have certainly had 11.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20