The Phantom 5

Reaction score
Do you think the camera will be greatly improved in the DJI Phantom 5? I think it will and that is the sole reason I dont jump on the Phantom 4. I can't afford both the 4 and 5, when it comes out.

Currently on a 3 Standard.

Anyone with knowledge about future tech improvements in sensors or lenses etc? Anything else that points to greatly improved optics in the coming Phantom 5?

I don't know but I have been waiting on this thread .
Is no telling Drone .:)
From watching folks waiting to buy anticipating what's going to be on the next model you are going
to miss out on a lot of flying time .

Reactions: Mike Drone7
The phantom 4 just came out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can only guess at this stage. I imagine P5 would be a smaller version of Inspire with longer flight time, 360 obstacle avoidance and maintain 4K video.

Or maybe DJI will branch off into micro drones that weigh less than 500g but are capable of obtaining 4K video.

Some universities have developed very sophisticated algorithms for flight. I saw one that allowed a quad to fly on three motors in the event of a motor or prop failure.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
When will the P5 come on the market?

You can only guess at this stage. I imagine P5 would be a smaller version of Inspire with longer flight time, 360 obstacle avoidance and maintain 4K video.

Or maybe DJI will branch off into micro drones that weigh less than 500g but are capable of obtaining 4K video.

Some universities have developed very sophisticated algorithms for flight. I saw one that allowed a quad to fly on three motors in the event of a motor or prop failure.

Of course, we will have to guess. I feel that for me, the only thing that would make me want to upgrade is a far better camera than the one I currently use. One closer to the X5 in performance (better dynamic range, maybe larger sensor). Since I am just an average consumer, doing this as a hobby, many probably feel the same.

The only difference between a P3 Prof and the P4, camera wise, is the lens; a minor, minor upgrade. Because of this and the greater competition from rivaling companies, the camera upgrade on the P5 should be a large one.
Content with the power output and flight time on a P3 standard, the cheapest drone they currently offer, why would I want to spend money unless they upgrade what I desire?

Understand that they cant make the Phantom too good in camera specs - this would cannibalize on the Inspire. But since the Inspire will get upgraded too in time, the field is clear for a better camera on the Phantom.

To be serious... Hope for longer flight time, better camera, should be better in wind.
maybe a change in frequency to overcome the wi-fi band and the interference in the city. More range or actually better range to cut through obstacles.

Of course it will be a better camera on the new P5.

Best regards

Azurr

Judging by the recent development, the P5's sold in the EU will requre automatic registration with the authorities, include a complete air control map with strictly enforced NFZ's and a maximum flight altitude of 7 meters.

Also it will detect a 90 km proximity to cities, national monuments, bridges, radio towers, government facilities, houses, roads, vehicles, beaches, dams, statues, lakes, pig farms, trees, medium-sized bushes and national parks and will refuse to start the motors in these areas. I also suspect that it will require a mandatory beginners mode the first 120 flight hours where the maximum distance is 2 meters from home point and a max flight speed of 1 km/h.

In Sweden, the picture acquisition system will have a human shape detector and will not allow image transmission or recording if a person is present in the frame unless wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.

//Tom

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl