The Phantom 5

Don't you think the overall Phantom shape is starting to get a little dated? With the competition looking more like sinister insects, & the copy cats using phantom shape hitting the market, a total "look" change might be due.
I couldn't care less what it looks like, so long as it performs well and is an upgrade functionally. I'm a huge fan of function over form. Plus that shape/shell design has become synonymous with the word "Phantom". Even when people see cheap knockoffs they think "Phantom".

IMO there will almost surely be a new Inspire 2 before there's a Phantom 5; it's now behind the Phantom line in certain features and is pushing two years old without significant changes.
I'm hoping for an Inspire 2 soon. But only if they are able to keep the price the same as the current version ($1,999). And I wish the Pro version didn't cost $1,400 more (is the X5 worth that much more than the X3, assuming you are running through post production anyway?).

A P5 with an upgraded (larger) sensor that has better dynamic range and more pixels would open my wallet up. If it remained a fixed F2.8 I wouldn't even care. Swapable lens for different field of view could be a nice light weight alternative to a zoom. Plenty of options to improve without competing with the X5 and inspire.

A P5 with an upgraded (larger) sensor that has better dynamic range and more pixels would open my wallet up. If it remained a fixed F2.8 I wouldn't even care. Swapable lens for different field of view could be a nice light weight alternative to a zoom. Plenty of options to improve without competing with the X5 and inspire.
Well that was pretty fast satisfaction! P4-Pro ordered. :)

Common p5 with optical zoom, night vision, tactical...speakers?, and a...a....8k camera. :)

With the 5, DJI will be able to just beam updates via satellite so they won't even have to notify owners.
Actually it can beam people up to the location of the drone. The technology is ingenious and based one of the all time most popular documentaries, Star Trek

You can only guess at this stage. I imagine P5 would be a smaller version of Inspire with longer flight time, 360 obstacle avoidance and maintain 4K video.

Or maybe DJI will branch off into micro drones that weigh less than 500g but are capable of obtaining 4K video.

Some universities have developed very sophisticated algorithms for flight. I saw one that allowed a quad to fly on three motors in the event of a motor or prop failure.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Probably the Mavic Pro 2

Just curious why all the comical posts in this thread when the P3P and P4 are great UAVs and the P5 will surely be another amazing machine. I have a P2V, P3P and a P4 and couldn't be happier with all of them as the technology has advanced. Just saying enjoy and have fun!
I totally agree. I would like to see an accessories button on the controller, so we could hook something up on the A/C and be able to turn it on/off from the controller. Obviously something of small wattage, like a little light etc.

When they can make one with longer flight times better batteries, quieter engines , flawless no signal loss and no fly away . Then those that are now sitting on the sidelines waiting for more reliability may buy into the hobby .Of course that will also depend on affordability for the masses . Like cell phones,.the skies will be covered up with drones. It will be a hectic world we fly in.

I don't know but I have been waiting on this thread .
Is no telling Drone .:)
From watching folks waiting to buy anticipating what's going to be on the next model you are going
to miss out on a lot of flying time .
I have a p3p with 5 mil feet its my 3rd p3p so i dont feel iam missing out. But i will be upgradeing in the spring to a p5 or inspire 2 so iam waiting on the 5s info to make my choice

The camera on the P5 is nowhere near the quality of the P6 thats slated for August 2018, I'm waiting until then.

Reactions: Pharm
I'm just looking forward for the P5 so I can tell the a few P4P owners that they have absolute garbage after listening to "some" of them say how bad a P4 is LOL

Also it will detect a 90 km proximity to cities, national monuments, bridges, radio towers, government facilities, houses, roads, vehicles, beaches, dams, statues, lakes, pig farms, trees, medium-sized bushes and national parks and will refuse to start the motors in these areas.

I actually got a complaint from a medium sized bush the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You can only guess at this stage. I imagine P5 would be a smaller version of Inspire with longer flight time, 360 obstacle avoidance and maintain 4K video.

Or maybe DJI will branch off into micro drones that weigh less than 500g but are capable of obtaining 4K video.

Some universities have developed very sophisticated algorithms for flight. I saw one that allowed a quad to fly on three motors in the event of a motor or prop failure.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes, but at the same time they won't want to make the inspirer obsolete.

Fold out landing gear would be cool. Imagine if it could retract into the belly of the aircraft, much like the UFOs in Mars Attacks! Man that would be cool!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl