The Official Firmware Update Thread

But the point I'm trying to make is that NOWHERE does it tell you that... That's all... I'm pretty sure MOST THINGS are "pretty simple" once you know how to do them...

But, now that you mention it, WHY do you update the aircraft first, and THEN the RC? I'm honestly just curious... Again, I've never read that anywhere... I've read my manuals, and studied posts here, and watched a ton of youtube videos, but it seems like some of this stuff, you just seem to have to KNOW....

Ah, I updated the RC, it was successful, then I cast it aside, then used the Assistant to update the Aircraft. And everything is cool. At least it seems to be. Is my bird going to fly with everything reversed now!!?? LOL

You have to be an Electrical Engineer to figure all this stuff out! Oh, wait, I am. Never mind. Software Engineer?

I'll admit to updating the RC first on my P3P, then observing the bizarre "no-connect" message with all the HD and RC reception bars showing, along with nice video with camera control. I also scratched my head.

Then I thought, "maybe both need to be updated because they're related!" I scare myself sometimes. So I did the barbaric SD card procedure, and then everything started working. It even flies. Forwards and everything! LOL

Figuring this **** out, especially without completely understanding the directions is half the fun. You just have to not stress out -- "update angst". My shrink had been getting DJI patients. I swear! LOL

SERIOUSLY, THE SILENT MAJORITY COMMENT SAYS IT ALL. THE FORUMS ARE MAINLY FOR PROBLEMS, SOLUTIONS, AND THE DESEMMINATION OF INFORMATION. I love reading that someone has been scared off from purchasing a product, because of all the problems and crashes mentioned on the forums. LOL. WE NEED AN OFFICIAL, "GOOD EXPERIENCES ONLY" THREAD!

Updated firmware, and all seems to be working fine, but I noticed this in the app. It shows up fine in the assistant sw. Is anyone else seeing the same?

View attachment 50330
I got that on my P3P when the RC was updated first, and the aircraft had not been. I went through the AC update procedure, and got a alphanumeric value in that field. And everything started working. I don't know whether it related to your problem.

This preceeded the update of the RC (before the AC), turning on the AC, and getting a "no connection" status in the DGI GO App., with a nice video feed.

Hope this helps. It's a clue anyway.

Ah, I updated the RC, it was successful, then I cast it aside, then used the Assistant to update the Aircraft. And everything is cool. At least it seems to be. Is my bird going to fly with everything reversed now!!?? LOL

You have to be an Electrical Engineer to figure all this stuff out! Oh, wait, I am. Never mind. Software Engineer?

I'll admit to updating the RC first on my P3P, then observing the bizarre "no-connect" message with all the HD and RC reception bars showing, along with nice video with camera control. I also scratched my head.

Then I thought, "maybe both need to be updated because they're related!" I scare myself sometimes. So I did the barbaric SD card procedure, and then everything started working. It even flies. Forwards and everything! LOL

Figuring this **** out, especially without completely understanding the directions is half the fun. You just have to not stress out -- "update angst". My shrink had been getting DJI patients. I swear! LOL

SERIOUSLY, THE SILENT MAJORITY COMMENT SAYS IT ALL. THE FORUMS ARE MAINLY FOR PROBLEMS, SOLUTIONS, AND THE DESEMMINATION OF INFORMATION. I love reading that someone has been scared off from purchasing a product, because of all the problems and crashes mentioned on the forums. LOL. WE NEED AN OFFICIAL, "GOOD EXPERIENCES ONLY" THREAD!

See, there is the problem. I'm only an Electrician!! hehehehehehe

I LOVE DJI's products, but their documentation leaves much to be desired!! I'll just try to wade through it, and might have to double up on my Xanax, but I think the P4 will eventually get the bugs worked out, and we will always be happy campers. That will probably be about the time they release the Phantom 5!!

And YES, I like the idea of an "Official" good experiences only thread!! Hehehehehehe

Seems like after updating firmware I have less stable video downlink feed. Never really had any issues prior to updating.

Update failed repeatedly when trying to update aircraft (seems as if the DJI servers were overloaded, would stall or fail,both via IOS or via PC)

Max range was never really tested prior to or since updating.

I generally update firmware, even when I have not noted any issues with current version, especially when it comes to encryption an/or security/integrity/reliability of control signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj