"The Lake" - My experiments of using a drone for video storytelling

Reaction score
Decided to go out this weekend and try out a combination of aerial / drone shots with my DJI Phantom 3 Standard and my Canon DSLR to create a simple and short video.

I like all those videos out there with beautiful scenery, but have been looking at using the drone as a complement to my DSLR videos, to add new perspectives and dynamism to the videos.

Hope you enjoy.

Reactions: BadRobot62
Looks like a nice time with the family.

Reactions: Nuno Barreto
You've got the right idea. It's about the story and also about new perspectives. Did you have any issues with mixing the formats of the DSLR and the P3? I didn't notice any glaring differences at first viewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've got the right idea. It's about the story and also about new perspectives. Did you have any issues with mixing the formats of the DSLR and the P3? I didn't notice any glaring differences at first viewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issues mixing both. Canon DSLR was shooting at 1080p 25fps, same as drone. There are some slight differences in color tones that could be fixed with color grading, but for this video I was more focused on getting a basic story out of the content I had captured with both cameras and less so on color grading.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice Video!! What resolution did you have your bird shooting?

Drone was shooting at 1080p 25fps. I'm still using the small sd card that came with it and thr higher resolutions take a lot more space. I find that 1080p seems to work just fine and since I don't have a UHD tv or monitor I wouldn't benefit from shooting in higher res (2.7k)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Davo7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav