Phantom 3 Standard Footage from African Skies

Reaction score
Only recently I discovered the capabilities of Litchi to revolutionize my drone adventures, and now that my first Phantom 3 Standard has joined its ancestors after plummeting to the ground on arrival from a routine autonomous mission, I decided to honor that old sky warrior by posting some of the footage it recorded during the over 1,200 airborne miles it logged out here in the boondocks of Africa.

During my time spent in the industrialized West, I am often asked quite innocently whether Africans reside in trees, or how often I am forced to duke it out with hyenas and leopards while out foraging for rodents to eat, so I decided to address these and other pressing concerns by posting a few Youtube videos filmed at 150 feet AGL, as my trusty Phantom 3S sailed the African skies 150 feet above a very typical small town and a university campus that lie within the range of my now departed Phantom 3S.

My ulterior motive to posting these video clips is of course to boost those abysmal Youtube viewer numbers since random aerial shots of Third World backwaters are evidently of limited interest to Youtube's general viewership. After discounting the idea of adding a few titillating tags to these video clips, such as "topless bathing nubile damsels", "lion grappling", or "Serengetti Showdown" to lure in Youtube punters, I opted for the less dubious alternative of posting links to these videos here where like-minded drone meisters gather to exchange notes on their aerial exploits.

Note that there is NO annoying soundtrack music to assault the ears in any of these video clips, since my passion for Bulgarian accordion music might not be to the liking of the general viewing public. Also, note that all these video clips are posted as is, in one continuous take with no edits, since Litchi's handling of camera orientation requires no further refinement, in my opinion. Don't ask me what the heck brought me out into the sticks of rural Africa, because answering that question may qualify me to sleep with the fishes.

I liked your most recent 'African town aerial tour', but some accompanying Bulgarian accordion music would have taken it to a new level.
You really are off the beaten track. I take it you're not native to Nigeria, then?

Reactions: Billie Nelson
You've got the keen eyesight of a raptor Pygar70 ha ha. So much for my attempt to be vague.

The African Prince sends his regards but has been duly cautioned to stop writing those emails.

You nailed it. In this neck of the woods, laws change as frequently a wind direction, leaving officials wide latitude to impose sanctions and levies as the mood takes them. The upside of such interpretive justice is that the spirit of spontaneous negotiation prevails in the most unlikely of places.

Not had time to watch but will today,I see there's a few...ps love your country and the people,,thers a few over here I have met and extremely friendly ,,I be watching today

Lol those grease monkeys hard case

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers