the Elephantom?

Reaction score
Looking for you internet sleuths that can find the elephantom? I think that's how its spelled.
It is a 3d printed phantom holder that lets you use the phantom as a handheld camera. I have searched high and low and can not for the life of me...find it. Im pretty sure its called the elephantom, but google comes up with nothing. Anyone seen it or knows of the website to order. I think it was 50 bucks or so.

I just saw it last night too let me check my history and see when I get home, it was pretty awesome when I saw it

I just purchased it this past Sunday. I haven't received it yet, but I'll let you know my thoughts on it when I do.

Great idea. Ronin lite.

Do you think that a Phone or Tablet could plug in to the Mini-USB on the P3's Gimbal? What is that for any way? Boy that would be cool if you could, then the Elephantom with a short cable would work! Talk about Bang for your Buck! You would have a 3 axis hand held stabilizer!

So how does the device get a feed from the P3 to show you what you're filiming when you are using this holder? I see no cable on the demo vid.

Nice idea...but dam that muthas ugly.
I use my gopro on a hand held gimbal and get some great vids so can see why you'd want to get one.

Hi MacSoft

Phantom 3 Pro and Advanced units. Question seems to be mounting the tablet/phone to the carrier and how the video is going to be achieved without our TX units.
If you could explain how we would work this or if possible with the P3 P/A..

Thanks

Hi MacSoft

Phantom 3 Pro and Advanced units. Question seems to be mounting the tablet/phone to the carrier and how the video is going to be achieved without our TX units.
If you could explain how we would work this or if possible with the P3 P/A..

Thanks
For the P2 since the phone to wifi extender is wireless, you don't need to carry the remote. You can leave near where you film, you can carry just the extender with you, or you can even direct connect from the phone to the bird with no wifi extender (Justin from the forum has a cool script for that).

With the P3, since you still need to connect the TX to the phone/tablet via a cable, what most of our P3 customers are doing is hanging the tx on their necks or trouser belt, and just leave it hanging, and connect the tx to the phone/tablet on the ELEPHANTOM thru the cable.
We are still researching a way to connect to the P3 without the cable, but for now our P3 customers report they can do fine like that. Since you don't need to operate the TX, you just leave it hanging and forget about it, and still do great movies.

But yes, what was an advance on the P3 (the cable connection) seams a disadvantage for this.
Our P2v+ have it easier :)

EDIT: there has been some wireless USB dongles on the market for usb devices that substitute USB cables. Maybe someone can try this?

Last edited:
So how does the device get a feed from the P3 to show you what you're filiming when you are using this holder? I see no cable on the demo vid.
In the movie the Phantom used is a P2v+ so no cable is necessary, connection is thru wifi

One of our first customers review on the Elephantom:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Another customer review :

New video using the ELEPHANTOM. Part of restaurant footage for a client.
Great with a LED light pack:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic