Hello from fresh P3SE pilot

Reaction score
Greetings,

Found this forum while searching for Phantom 3SE camera specs to feed into photogrammetry program (meshroom), so would be keen to discuss that :)

I'm fairly new to DJI, did my Part 101 course mid last year (we had P3, P4 and Mavics for practice, I actually did the flight test on P3).

Only last week got a P3SE flying, that I picked up dirt cheap with an IMU fault, a replacement IMU brought it back to life.

Otherwise, got 50+ hours on my arducopters (3d printed quad and hex designs).

To be honest, find DJI being a bit "crippled" :) like, I can't pre-build and pre-load the flight plan. Can't set my own geofence. Also in P3SE no "manual" mode ? (like the old Naza used to have). Even things like Point Of Interest are done in a weird way, and without automatic camera control (compared to arducopter, which will "look" at the point/region of interest by tilting camera and yawing the aircraft as required).

Reactions: Mavikhan and RodPad
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Reactions: Mavikhan and RodPad
Welcome!
The members are great!

Is P3SE same as a P3S but the camera?
Can he not use Litchi to do what he is talking about?

Rod..

Reactions: Mavikhan
Welcome!
The members are great!

Is P3SE same as a P3S but the camera?
Can he not use Litchi to do what he is talking about?

Rod..
Litchi is compatible with:
Mini 2, Mini SE, Air 2S, Mavic Mini 1, Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 (Zoom/Pro), Mavic (Air/Pro), Phantom 4 (Standard/Advanced/Pro/ProV2), Phantom 3 (Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional), Inspire 1 (X3/Z3/Pro/RAW), Inspire 2 and Spark.

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks,
Is a P3SE a (Standard/4K) ?

Rod

Litchi paid ($25) app will solve the programmed flights. The camera functions are easier than you think, auto focus, etc just a tap away. Keep reading and Google is your friend.

Reactions: RodPad
Welcome aboard!

Reactions: RodPad and GFields
Yo, this thread got busy!
Look for the search option at the top. If you can't find what you need.
Start a new thread here.

Rod

Welcome!
Greetings,

Found this forum while searching for Phantom 3SE camera specs to feed into photogrammetry program (meshroom), so would be keen to discuss that :)

I'm fairly new to DJI, did my Part 101 course mid last year (we had P3, P4 and Mavics for practice, I actually did the flight test on P3).

Only last week got a P3SE flying, that I picked up dirt cheap with an IMU fault, a replacement IMU brought it back to life.

Otherwise, got 50+ hours on my arducopters (3d printed quad and hex designs).
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
To be honest, find DJI being a bit "crippled" :) like, I can't pre-build and pre-load the flight plan. Can't set my own geofence. Also in P3SE no "manual" mode ? (like the old Naza used to have). Even things like Point Of Interest are done in a weird way, and without automatic camera control (compared to arducopter, which will "look" at the point/region of interest by tilting camera and yawing the aircraft as required).

Last edited:
Sorry but the P3SE is unlike any other DJI drone. Hence the name Phantom 3 Special Edition. There are a lot of interesting threads discussing this. Best to search and read up. Here is one thread of several.

Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1